Not Hiding Anymore

Camila's PoV

"Ha, you're so funny!" I mocked Austin as he sat across from me at our favourite place to eat; the arcade.

"Whatever, you so got a face full of snow that night. Normani had you down!" Austin laughed, taking a bite of his pizza.

Normani found several moments to barrel me over during our late night game at Central Skate Park. I knew they were on purpose too but I had to pass it off as part of the game. I didn't trust her enough to not call me out yet. I didn't want to piss her off, but it didn't mean I didn't give her a dose of her medicine.

I was eating dinner with Austin and decided to join him later on to pick Lauren up from the airport. It had been one long week without Lauren by my side. We talked every night on the phone but it wasn't the same. All the dirty talk that flowed from her lips though, that sure led to some hot phone sex. I figured it'd be awkward but it was just me, her, our breathing, the work of our fingers and her husky voice.

Fuck, her voice was the most attractive thing about her. Don't get me wrong, I found everything about her damn sexy, but her voice was the one thing that kept me grounded. Her voice tolf me she loved me, she wanted me, she needed me. Her voice told me her wildest dreams, her fears, her desires. Her voice simply pushed me over the edge and brought me back again.

"Well you couldn't even stay on your own two feet," I smirked and drank my Dr. Pepper, "thank God you weren't one of the girls."

"I make a better girl than most," he shrugged and I laughed, "you told me that once."

"Yea," I smiled, "but you're just not as attractive as a girl."

Austin looked at me and licked his lower lip, taking the dangling cheese with it. "You really weren't cheating on me with another guy, were you?"

I tensed and gripped my bottle of soda a little harder. "Austin, I thought we agreed not to talk about this."

"No, I know," he sighed and scratched his clean shaven chin, "but please, answer me?"

I sighed. "No, there was no other guy."

He swallowed and nodded. "So girl?"

My eyes bugged out of my head as I shook it to see if I heard right. "Girl?"

"Well yea, we all know I'm slow but you said you never cheated on me with another guy, so..." he laughed almost boyishly and it made me smile a bit at his nervousness, "was it with another girl? I mean, because I know you've been hanging around Lauren everyday, she probably pointed out why being with another girl was better than being with a guy..."

"Austin, stop!" I laughed as he sputtered into babble mode. "I told you, what happened between us had nothing to do with Lauren." The lie tightened up in my stomach as I had created another web upon the massive web that was already spun.

"I'm a man who loves women, Camila; I understand how stunning they can be." Austin quirked a grin and out of habit, grabbed my drink to take a sip. I didn't mind.

"Can we just drop this?" I asked politely, grabbing another slice of pizza. "If I can admit I've been finding other girls attractive, will you leave it be?"

Austin nodded and grinned. He was playing it pretty cool and I wasn't sure what to think of it. Maybe because he was sexing it up with my best friend the past couple of months, he felt he had no need to talk about the cheating aspect.

"I admit it," I replied softly, looking around the crowded arcade, "but I trust you not to tell anyone."

"Scouts Honour!" Austin saluted playfully and shrugged his shoulders. "We're cool Mila, you and me. I told you I just want to be your friend; I'm not trying to get into your pants again or anything."