Some Kind of Trouble

Sofia's PoV

Dinner was slightly awkward for once. Usually everyone was laughing and having a great time. My parents even had a hard time getting the room to talk, silence was deafening.

Camila and Lauren were exceptionally quiet and only spoke when spoken too. Sammy and I exchanged looks with Austin and Kyla but no one made an effort to break the tension.

I watched as Camila cupped Lauren's face gently, leaning in and kissing so softly, so lightly. The way her thumbs stroked over Lauren's cheeks, told me there were tears that fell. A few whispers that I couldn't hear, were being said before I watched my best friend walk out the door. Camila leaned against the door with her eyes shut tightly and made her way up to her room quickly.

"I have to go to work," Sammy broke my eaves dropping and I looked at her, nodding, "did you want me to pick you up tomorrow?"

"Sure," I smiled and she kissed me on the cheek softly before grabbing her coat.

"Don't forget that you have rehearsal after school tomorrow!" She called out and I groaned. I still wasn't sure why I was going through with the school play.

"Well I'm going to go lay down," Kyla groaned, rubbing her overly swollen belly, "Mommy needs sleep."

Austin excused himself as well, helping his girlfriend to bed before he left a while later.

I sat on the couch alone, flipping through channels that had absolutely nothing on them. I sighed heavily and looked at the time on the clock above the TV. 8:46pm.

Everyone left before eight even struck the clock, which was odd, especially for Lauren.

Lauren proposed to Camila.

Camila engaged.

Yet the tension was so thick between the two. It was definitely unsettling and I didn't like it one bit. The love that Camila and Lauren shared was so unique and they seemed they were taking it for granted. I wish I could find a love like that but being young and inexperienced prevented me from even looking.

Sammy was the only person I've been with intimately and even though it was amazing and wonderful, I still wanted to explore deeper.

Falling in love was definitely not on top of my list of things to do.

But my sister and Lauren had it really great. Anyone could see that and yet, all they seemed to do is walk away from each other. I sighed and shrugged to myself, not really understanding it all yet feeling as if my own heart was breaking.

"Camila!" I yelled as I ran up the stairs, banging on her bedroom door. I was antsy and needed to get out.

"God, what? Keep it down, Kyla's sleeping." Camila opened the door and pulled me inside, closing the door behind me. "What?"

"You know, you and Lauren had an argument, not us, so I suggest you calm your tone." I frowned and flipped off her hockey game that was on TV. She protested but I threw the remote back on her bed and threw a light coat at her from the closet. "Let's go."

Camila stared at me for a few seconds and then gave me her famous eyebrow raise. "Where are we going?"

"Well you're going to take me to Huckles." I grabbed her wallet and threw it at her then snagged her car keys. "Come on Mila, you never take me anywhere!" I pouted.

"Why do you want to go out?" She asked but opened her bedroom door while taking her keys from my hands.

I smiled.