March BreakDown

Camila's PoV

"Cabello, Kordei," Coach addressed us with a huge smile, "great team work out there. I think it's safe to say you two can finally play friendly together and bring us to the finals, yea?"

I glanced over at Normani, who shared a weak smile with me. "Of course Coach."

"Great!" He continued to pace while tapping paper in his hand. "March Break is just around the corner," he glanced at three of us, the three of us who were still in school, myself, Kordei and another guy that goes to ViewBelle, "I had the schools select two tutors, one for Cabello and the other will be with Kordei and Grant, seeing as we're at the highlight of our game now, we need to be taking this seriously."

I raised my hand and he looked at me to speak. "A tutor Coach?" I was confused.

"For schooling kid," he began to hand us out some papers with the finalization of the tournament. My eyes widened as I learned we'd be travelling for a good part of the end of the month. "Wow."

"Now, we have forms for those who are under eighteen, you need to get your parents to read it over and sign. All hotels are paid for as well as transportation, you'll just need to bring money for food and any extra you want." Coach Caron began to read through rules and regulations about the trip.

The trip where I'd be leaving.

Leaving my sweet Lauren.

"So March Break we'll play the first game of the Play-Off's here and then the next spot is left blank depending on who wins the other game. But from what I can tell, we'll be either going to Vancouver or Edmonton."

"Wow," Normani breathed and I could only nod.

"Any questions you have we can cover over practice tomorrow morning and remember, we need you all on board here." Coach nodded and left the room, leaving everyone to get changed and continue on with their weekend activities.

"So we'd be leaving during break?" I turned to Kordei and frowned. I wanted to be able to spend the whole week alone with Lauren and you know, have sex.

Blunt Cabello, deal with it.

"Seems that way," Normani smiled and nudged my shoulder, "don't worry about it, I'm sure you'll be on the phone with her every second you get."

I raised an eyebrow and nodded. "Damn rights."

After I showered quickly, I dressed and found Normani waiting by the door for me. "I have a question for you," she asked, casting her eyes away from mine.

"Sure," I smiled and pulled my bag over my shoulder, leaning on the lockers for support.

"Everyone knows that I replaced Mendes," she played with her bag and then finally looked up at me, "but do they know why?"

I shook my head.

Funny. The damn bastard was kicked off the team and I didn't even think to ask why.

Normani just nodded and I could tell there was more to her question. I stepped forward quickly and blocked her path to the door. "That's all I wanted to know," she raised an eyebrow.

I crossed my arms. "Liar."

"Cabello," she sighed and tried to get past me but I shoved her back slightly and she flinched. "Move, okay?"

I shook my head but let go of her, frowning more in concern. Her flinching surprised me. "What's wrong?"

"Move."

Brown eyes narrowed dangerously at me and I would've budged but then I saw the eyes fill with liquid. Was Kordei about to cry?

Okay, I was not a cold hearted bitch. I still cared for people so don't take what I did as an act that I liked her: I grabbed her hand briefly and bit my lip while squeezing it. "Did you beat up Mendes?" I whispered, letting go of her hand. I figured I'd break the ice somehow.