Remember That Moment? She's Returned

Sofia's PoV

I felt a cool cloth being placed on my forehead and I frowned slightly, momentarily forgetting what had happened within the past week. "Isa?" I murmured, trying to open my eyes but they felt grainy and heavy.

"No," came the soft voice and I swallowed, knowing that voice all too well. "How are you feeling?"

I groaned quietly and attempted to sit up but I felt dizzy in the head. "Ugh."

"You really have to stop this, Sofi." Sammy sighed and put down the cool cloth.

I closed my eyes and shook my head. "What exactly am I doing?" I didn't want another lecture.

"You're not being yourself." She stood up and wiped her hands on her jeans before she stared at me. "I miss you, Sofia."

If you hadn't noticed, unless I was in trouble with my mother, Sammy was the only one that could ever call me 'Sofia' without me getting upset about it. She claimed that name and I was happy she did. "I'm right here." I whispered.

Sammy snorted and sighed again. "If you really want to believe that then fine," she grabbed a blanket and pulled it over me, "get some rest."

"Stay." I pouted and sat up slowly, rubbing my eyes. I had showered earlier that day at school and then Camila took pity on me and drove me home. I don't remember much more after that.

"I miss my Sofia, when she's back, give me a call." Sammy breathed and brushed a few strands away from my eyes. "Okay?"

"I am back," I whispered and grabbed her fingers, tugging her on the bed with me. She immediately wrapped her arms around my neck and inhaled my scent.

"God baby girl, what exactly does Isa mean to you?" Sammy pulled back and studied my eyes. "Is she worth missing school over? Losing your other friends? Your sister?"

"She makes me feel things," I said honestly and leaned back down on my elbows, looking up into blue eyes, "Isa tells me that I'm beautiful and I feel like a Goddess."

"Before or after she feeds you alcohol and drugs?" She questioned me with a serious expression. I opened my mouth to say something but then quickly closed it again. "Oh God, you are doing drugs."

"Nothing serious!" I muttered. "Really." Just marijuana.

Sammy cupped my face with her hands and pressed her forehead against mine. "Listen to me," she whispered, her thumbs stroking my cheeks gently, "you are beautiful, Sofia Isabella Cabello. You are the most beautiful young woman I've ever laid my eyes on and you still, until this very day, take my breath away every time I see you," I swallowed thickly and blinked back the heaviness of my eyes and the thudding in my chest caused me to react to her words. "Drugs and alcohol are not going to make you feel any of the sort, now are they?"

"Samantha," I breathed and sat up, quickly pulling her against me, "I feel so lost."

"Then let us help find you, baby," she whispered, her lips brushing softly against my ear, "Camila is really worried about you. She doesn't want to see you in trouble and neither do the rest of us."

I felt horrible. I wasn't being myself and I knew it was because of Isa. She made me feel things that I've never felt before and it was rather addicting.

"Do you mean it?" I asked Sammy, pulling back while wiping the tears from my eyes harshly.

"That you're beautiful?" she smiled softly and nodded, "you really are."

"I need help," I whispered sadly and pulled my knees up to my chest, "please Sammy, don't let Camila push me away."

"Then don't give her a reason to." She said firmly and pulled me in for another hug. "You know I'll always be here for you Sofi, you'll always be my girl."

"God," I sobbed and tightened my fists around her collar, burying my face in her neck, hot tears streaming down my face, "why can't it be you that I have these feelings for? Why does it have to be someone who's screwing up everything else in my life?" I was angry now. I was angry at myself for getting so tied up in the influence of the gorgeous dark skin, Isa. She had me wrapped around her and I hated it.

"Hey," Sammy smiled softly and kissed my forehead, "look at me," I caught those blue eyes with grey speckles and smiled as they grew slightly darker, "I know what you felt for me was nothing less than real and perfect," she cupped the back of my neck as my eyes closed tightly, "but I don't believe for a second that you're in love with her."

I looked at her and frowned slightly before she gave me one of her famous heart melting smiles and nodded her head.

"You're saving that part of your heart for someone who deserves it." Sammy grinned and brushed her thumbs along my cheeks. "You just need to find her."

"Sam," my voice quivered and she tilted her head, brushing strands of hair away from my eyes, "please let her be you, just, for right now, please?"

Confusion washed across her eyes but when my eyes landed on her, she licked her lips and with the slightest hesitancy, she leaned forward and I found myself pinned beneath her warm body with her lips near my ear. "I watch you," she breathed, "the way you laugh, the way you sing up on that stage, the way you blush when only I know the reason you're doing so and I know one thing," I felt her warm breath on my neck and shivered, instantly finding that I've missed that feeling, "if I were to kiss you right now, I know it couldn't be just a kiss for me."

I pushed her away softly, looking up at her as she wore an expression that she had the very first time we shared a kiss. Her brown hair curtained us and I found her fingers tracing my lips before they trailed down my neck.

"It kills me to know you're with her, Sofia." Sammy barely whispered. "To know that she's touched you in ways I probably never have."

I blinked and cupped her face. I don't know when that moment turned serious and how her confessions spilled from her lips but my heart was beating so hard and fast, I didn't know what to say. I never knew she felt that way about me. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Cause you wanted to let go," she shrugged and bit her lip, "I didn't want to hold you back from experiencing things."

"Sammy," I murmured and ran my fingers through her hair.

"I mean it," she rested her forehead against mine, "if I kiss you, I'd only want you to kiss me back," she paused and chewed her lip brieftly, "for a very long time. If I were to be 'her', I want it to be for more than just tonight."

I had to smile and felt that familiar heart flutter feeling in my chest. I tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and glanced from her blue eyes to her lips then back up, "I'm okay with that."

"Yea?" Sammy's smiled grew wide.

"Yea." I breathed.

Just before her lips met mine she pulled back and eyed me. "Break up with Isa and we'll continue this kiss."

"Consider it done." I smiled and grabbed the back of her neck but she was resisting and laughing softly at my pout.

"Apologize to Camila and Lauren and thank them for the help they were trying to give?"

"Yes." I nodded seriously and before I could respond, Sam's lips were on mine.

It's amazing how things could work out.

I guess I just needed a kick in the wrong direction to find the right path for me. And as warm lips brushed against mine softly, I knew that the Sofi everyone grew to love, was the only Sofi I wanted to be.

After all, the moment Sammy said I was beautiful, I not only felt like a Goddess, I was her Goddess.