Let's Just Go With The Moment

Sofi's PoV

Sometimes when you sit there and you think about all the things you do, you find little things that you could've made better. Things you could've changed before they got too far.

Sometimes you think back on the moment when your life pretty much changed forever. That moment when you can really understand who you are and why you are the way you are - a moment where even if it wasn't forever, it was still a time that you can cherish regardless.

"Open it," Sammy whispered, laying on her side while I sat cross-legged on her bed. Dinner was a success but she forgot the gift she was going to give me at home, so we decided to make our own dessert and make a night of it, what was left of Valentine's Day.

I fiddled with the velvet box in my hand and chewed on my bottom lip nervously. I didn't know what was hiding beneath that velvet cover and my fingers fumbled with it before I took a silent breath and opened the box slowly. My eyebrows raised and my heart raced, looking between the item and then at a smiling Sammy. She sat up and took the box from me, grabbing my right hand. I watched as she took the item out and slowly slide in on my right hand ring finger. "It, it fits perfectly." I whispered, looking down at her Class ring as it so beautifully occupied my finger. The silver ring with her name engraved with '2008' on the other side of a scorpion. She would be graduating with my sister and Lauren.

"I was hoping it um," she let out a shaky breath, "it wasn't too much."

I couldn't speak. I've only read about this kind of thing happening and sure you may not think it was a huge deal, but it was too me.

"Sofi?" She whispered, tucking some of my hair behind my ears as I stared at the ring. "If you don't like it..." she frowned.

"I love it," I breathed and looked at her blue cloudy eyes, smiling widely, "I really do, thank you." I bit my lip and toyed with the jewellery. "But why?"

"You're special," Sammy whispered and blushed as she sat up and pulled me onto her lap, my legs on either side of her hips, "you get me, you know? You understand me and you're just, mine, all that is mine."

I shyly smiled and cupped the back of her neck, my thumbs tracing the outline of her jawbone. "I am yours."

"And people will know that now that you're wearing my ring," Sammy grinned. "You are so beautiful," she whispered, her fingers sliding up my arms before sliding them in my hair.

I swallowed as the air in the room changed around us. I felt, yes, I felt my eyes turn a darker grey as she licked her perfect shaped lips. "I'm going to kiss you," I whispered, gripping onto the back of her neck tighter, "and whatever happens," I brushed my lips along her cheek gently, "let's just go with it."

Sammy pulled back, her eyes searching mine for the meaning behind my words.

I was ready.

She was about to speak when I pressed my fingers against her lips. "Just, kiss me." I softly commanded and she obliged, her kiss was soft and determined. Determined to make me feel that every part of her was ready for that moment as well.

Pushing me down to her mattress gently, her body covered my own, lips still fused with mine. I shivered when her hand inched its way beneath my shirt, short nails drawing small circles towards up my ribcage.

We always found ourselves in that sort of situation. Making out on her bed was nothing with us. We even made out in our bras and pants before, never venturing further. But the night was different, it was going to be different, I could tell.

Kisses were hotter and more passionate. Hands began to wander so graciously past breasts, tweaking nipples into hardened peeks through thin material. Noises stringing from our mouths were more desperate than ever.

Then there I was, lying naked with my naked girlfriend on top of me, skin against skin – just exploring with her fingertips across the skin that I never knew could be that sensitive. Her lips left permanent yet invisible marks on every inch of my body, marking me so I'd remember the moment for the rest of my life. She made me feel special. She made it so special.

She was patient with me after I came down from an orgasmic spiral she sent me on. She was patient when it was my turn to hold her, kiss her, touch her, show her what it was like to feel special.

The night left a really memorable moment in my life that I knew I'd never forget.

Samantha Taylor was that moment.