Little Sister, Big Trouble

Camila's PoV

The phone rang loud in the middle of the night and I groaned, grabbing my cell. I blinked a few times to focus on the time on the clock at my bedside. 3:56am. Who the hell was calling me at this time on a school night?

I turned to my left and found Lauren's sleeping body...sleeping. Flipping my phone open, I whispered a groggy 'hello' into it.

"Cami'la?" my sister's voice slurred over the other end. I immediately felt my blood boiling. "Cami'la you there?"

"You better be calling me for a damn good reason Sofia Cabello." I hissed and sat up, trying my best not to disturb my peaceful fiancée.

"I can't stop puking," she whispered in a gag and I sighed heavily, "too much to drink."

"Where's your girlfriend?" I asked, already grabbing some clothes to put on.

"Sleeping."

"Where are you?" I sat back down on the edge of the bed and laced up my inside shoes, knowing that I had to make a quiet and quick exit.

"Isa's bed." She chuckled drunkenly and gasped with a thud. I think she fell off the bed. "Cami'la? You know I's loves you right? I'm sorry about missing your game."

I sighed and grabbed my car keys as quietly as I could. "Not right now, Sofi, I'm coming to get you."

I heard some shuffling on the other line and then her breathing. "No, I'm staying here."

"No, you're coming home because if you miss school one more time, your ass is going to be so fucking grounded." I hissed a little louder and then I felt a hand on my hip. I turned to find Lauren looking at me sleepily. I mouthed 'Sofi' to her and pointed to the phone. She nodded but a deep frown etched into her forehead.

"You'll cover for me." Sofi said in a sleepy tone.

"Not this time, Sofi. I'm coming to get your drunk ass, you will go to school and then we'll talk about everything once you've sobered up." I hung up and twirled my keys between my fingers. "I'm going to pick up Sofi, I'll be back."

"I'm coming with." Lauren quickly grabbed her own clothes that were thrown over the floor.

I loved it when my parents were in the city for work. They knew Lauren would be spending the night but as long as they weren't there to witness or hear, they were okay with it.

Simply because they couldn't stop me if they tried.

"You can sleep baby," I whispered as I opened my bedroom door. We were careful not to wake Kyla. She was having problems sleeping as it was with her pregnancy.

"I know but I'd rather be with you."

And so be it.

Leaving a note by Kyla's bedside in case she did wake up in the house alone, we made a quick and quiet exit.

"Deep breaths Cabello," Lauren instructed as we pulled up next to a Harley motorcycle.

"Deep breaths my ass Jauregui, my little sister is in the apartment and I'll drag her out by her perfect raven hair if I have too!" I huff and slammed my car door. Lauren was right by my side, fingers entwined in mine as we made our way through the hallways of the run down apartment building.

"Cami'la?" Sofi opened the door even before I knocked and had a blanket wrapped around her body. "Stop makin' noise. You're gunna wake the others up."

"So?" I grabbed the blanket with a fist full of the material and shoved her back into the apartment. "Get dressed, we're leaving."

"I said no!" Sofi huffed and pushed me away from her.

"Sofi," Lauren cooed softly, "why don't you come home and try to sleep for a few hours. In your own bed where it's comfortable?"

"No." SOfi shook her head and as she went to turn around, she tripped over her blanket and fell over.

"What the fuck is going on here?" The light switched on and there stood Isa in her underwear and tiny shirt. "Sofi?"

Sofi grumbled and allowed her girlfriend to help her up. "Sofi, come on." I stepped forward and Isa stepped in between us. "I really suggest you move."

"Yea?" Isa raised an eyebrow. She looked over her should at my sister, "Sofi go back to bed, I'll take care of this."

I laughed. "You really think you're about to tell my sister what to do?"

"Come on Camila, she just needs to sleep this off. I'll have her at school on time." Isa sighed heavily and ran a hair through her messy knotty hair.

"Yes, she will sleep this off and I'll have her at school on time." I pushed passed the dark girl and threw Sofi's clothes at her. "Get dressed." I whispered in my sister's ear. "Now."

"Camz," Lauren whispered and tugged me back. I was shaking and I knew that if my temper was tested anymore, I'd explode. Hearing Lauren's voice brought me back down to earth. "Let her get dressed," then she addressed Sofi, "we'll meet you in the car."

"I'm not going." Sofi's voice sounded tired. "You're not my mother!"

"Don't pull that juvenile crap!" I sighed and rubbed my forehead. "Mom and Dad trust me with you and you are coming home."

"She doesn't want to go home, god if I had a bitchy sister like you I'd stay here too." Isa frowned and crossed her arms over her chest.

Blood started to boil and I stepped forward slowly, ripping my arm from Lauren's grasp. "You don't know the first thing about me," I whispered, "so back off."

"Isa," Sofi sighed, "I'm just gonna go."

I would've smiled but when Isa grabbed my sister's wrist and tugged her back slightly, I snapped.

No one touches my sister that way and I noticed Lauren never even tried to hold me back as I grabbed the skank by her shirt. "Lay a hand on her like that again, you'll regret it."

"You come barging into my home this early in the morning and you threaten me?" Isa raised her voice and shoved me back – hard. I stumbled backwards and Lauren caught me and then pushed me to the side as she lunged at Isa, clawing at her face.

"Stop it you guys!" Sofi cried and threw the blanket off her, thank god she wasn't naked. She pulled Isa off Lauren and glared at all three of us. "I'm not a fucking baby!"

"Yea?" I hissed and wiped the blood from my lip that got busted by Isa's hand as I tried to pull Lauren away in the middle of the struggle. "Then start acting like a responsible person!"

"Leave." Isa said, placing a hand over her own wound.

"Whatever," I growled and grabbed Lauren, "you called me Sofi. You woke me up and for what reason? You talk about me covering your ass well this is me trying to save it."

"Ow, ow," Lauren sighed at the deep scratch on her cheek and I glared at Isa, who sported something like it on her own.

Talk about cat fight.

"Come on baby," I said to Lauren and grabbed her hand, "do whatever you want with your life Sofi," I swallowed and opened the apartment door, "but don't you dare come to me when you run into a problem. I'm done cleaning up these messes that you leave."

Sofi's face dropped and it was the last thing I seen before I slammed the door behind myself and Lauren.

I was exhausted and I needed to get Lauren home to clean up her cut.

My heart sank though. I've never just left Sofi alone despite our arguments. But I felt like I was fighting a battle that I would've lost anyway.

"Mom and Dad are gonna kill me," I sighed as I started my CRV.

"You tried Camz," Lauren patted my leg for support and then cupped my chin, inspecting my cut, "let's go take of these and work on a plan to get our Sofi back, kay?"

I smiled sadly.

Lauren was the only person who could calm me and make me feel better after any situation.

If only I could get that feeling back with my little sister.