Treat It As A Test

Sofi's PoV

"Why does everyone think that Kelly Clarkson is like, the devil's baby or something?" I laughed as Tracey gave me a hard time about my music choice.

"I didn't say that," she simply said with a smirk on her face, "I just said that not all of her songs are worth bragging about."

"Oh and Celine Dion is? Or Shania Twain?" I raised an eyebrow, my own eyes going through her iPod.

"Their early stuff isn't bad, Sofi," Tracey chuckled, "and you call yourself a musician?"

I scowled and stuck my tongue out, not really having a comeback at that moment. I scrolled through a few more of her songs before smiling at her 'KC' list. "I think you have more Kelly Clarkson songs then I do, Ace."

She snatched her iPod from my hands and blushed. "Those were an ex's."

I slowly nodded, not really believing her but keeping quiet in case she was telling the truth. "Oh, you had some Snow Patrol in there, plug it in!"

Tracey laughed and reached over to my iPod dock sitting on my desk beside my bed. "Which song?"

"Same." I smiled as she pressed play before she made herself comfortable in the computer chair.

"So what's new in your life?" Tracey asked, her eyes taking in every poster and item on my wall.

"Not much?" I shrugged and played with my bedspread. "I'm in the school musical for June. Lead female role."

Tracey grinned. "That's great Sofi, wow." She patted me on the knee and sat back, her eyes glancing at a picture of Sammy and I beside my iPod dock. "You two made a cute couple," she commented.

"Yea, we did." I agreed and shrugged a little. "Sammy will always be my best friend though. We've been through so much to just let it all go."

"And Isa? New love interest?"

I didn't know how to answer that. I don't think there was an answer for that question. We hadn't really established exactly what we were. "We're still sorting all of that out, I guess."

"It's okay, I'm going through the same thing back home," the brunette got up off the chair and stretched, looking at the clock. It was still day light out and the fact that she could pretty much leave whenever she wanted, made it easier to talk without a time limit. I was, however, wondering if Isa was going to call me. "This girl is great but at the same time, there's something missing."

"Sex?" I quirked an eyebrow and she threw one of my pillows at me, both falling into a fit of laughter.

"This is nice." Tracey finally breathed as she sat down next to me. "I don't think I've ever felt this comfortable with anyone."

I smiled. "Maybe it's because you don't know me, that or you know I'd never judge you."

"I'll go with the latter." She smiled and patted her stomach slightly. "I'm a little hungry, did you want to go grab something?"

I couldn't help but stare into her brown eyes that were nothing but warm and homey. "I'd love too."

I grabbed my coat and followed her as she we made our way downstairs.

- - - -

The car pulled to a stop next to Lauren's mustang in my driveway. Hanging out with Tracey had been one of the coolest times in my life and I was going to cherish it. She handed me the April Raintree book and smiled at me, "you have my email and number," she pointed out, "so don't feel shy. Use them."