I Was The Girlfriend

Lauren's PoV

"No way, you cannot wear that!" Vero gasped as she looked at me through the reflection of my bedroom mirror. I frowned and looked down at Camila's ripped jeans and my tight black buttoned up shirt.

I was smoking hot.

"Whatever Vero," I sighed and laughed. "You're just jealous that I'm back and you're worried I'll steal your limelight."

Vero huffed and threw me a different top. "I'm wearing black, you can't wear that."

"That's too bad, because I am." I shrugged and smirked at her through the mirror. After our last encounter over Christmas, emails were sent very few in between now and then. I finished applying my lipstick and eyeliner before turning around to face Vero. "So, who's going to be at this party?"

"Everyone." She grinned and bounced on my bed. "Laura will be there. She has a new girlfriend or something that she's dying to show off."

I nodded. "Cool."

"It'll be awesome," she continued, "like things were before you left."

I highly doubted that. I was only going so I could stay away from my parents. I needed to escape and breathe. Camila called me the night before telling me she was in Alberta and that she would be in Vancouver for a few games. I was excited that she was in the same Province as me but I wasn't even sure where in Vancouver she was. It wasn't like it was a small place. That alone made me hurt because I wanted so much to hold her.

Three days without my Camila so far and I was miserable. I figured I'd go out with Vero and Alexa, let loose and just have fun. Or try.

"Ready to go?" I asked as I turned off the lights in my room before descending down the large marble stairs of my home. I missed the soft carpeted one that I felt beneath my feet back at my Aunt and Uncle's – or the hard wooden stairs from Camila's.

"We just need to make a quick stop," Vero smiled at me and we spun out of the driveway.

I found myself in my ex's driveway and rolled my eyes. "I already said goodbye to her, does she know I'm coming to this stupid party?"

"Stupid?" Vero scowled and blew the horn once again. "This isn't a stupid party Lauren, it's the biggest one that's being thrown since the beginning of the school year. You remember that one right? You were caught with your hand down Justine's pan-"

"Shut up." I snapped my head forward and tightened my jaw. I hated to be reminded of who I was. "I'm not her anymore."

"Please," Vero laughed, "you're not until you are. I think Justine has a soft spot for you. You whispered all those promises in her ear that night and now she's caught up in them, along with half the girls on the lacrosse team," I could feel her looking at me through the corner of my eye, "at least you'll have your pick of the ladies tonight."

"I'm not interested." I said simply and waved my hand. "I'm happily with Camila, remember?"

"Right," Vero laughed, "she's out right now held up in a hotel room with that chick you emailed me about, you think they're really just friends?" She shook her and chuckled as if she were scolding me. "If that chick is anything like you, like you said, she's got Camila in the bag."

"Would you just shut the fuck up?" I yelled and leaned against the door window. "I know Camila. She'd never do that too me."

"Whatever," she shrugged. I tried to remind myself why I was friends with her in the first place. She angered me and I was starting to really wonder why I was going out to a party in the first place. Sure I wanted to get away, but I could've just went out by myself to a coffee shop or something.