Nightmare vs Reality

Camila's PoV

"I'm so sorry," I whispered through small cries as she held me against her chest. "Lo, I'm sorry."

"Shh," Lauren hushed me sweetly and pressed her cheek to my forehead, rubbing my back, "It's not your fault; maybe they made a mistake. How could they not give you a full ride?"

I shrugged and tucked myself tighter into her body on her bed. Lauren had taken me up to her room while the others finished their ice cream.

"There has to be a way to figure this all out." I sat up and wiped my eyes. "You know we could just run away?"

Lauren let out a soft laugh and tugged me back towards her. "We could but we'd run out of money eventually. Even I don't have access to my thousands for another three years."

I swallowed. "Even if you did, I wouldn't accept your money. I know you and you'd buy my way into school."

She smiled and nodded. "You know me well Camz, better than I know myself."

I stretched back out and looked at the clock. "Sofi and I should go, we don't want to crash your family dinner."

"They cancelled anyway," Lauren responded, "Uncle Vic had a late meeting he forgot about, so we're doing the dinner thing tomorrow." Her hands drew circles on my stomach, "what if I just stay here?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, what if I don't go to school, what if I stay here? To be with you?" Lauren's emerald eyes searched mine.

"Lo," I sighed heavily and sat up, sitting cross-legged in front of her, "this music program is a huge deal. It's a door that has been opened for you and you need to follow that."

"But I can't do it without you!" Lauren cried and ran her fingers through her hair. "Camz, please."

I chewed on my bottom lip and laced my fingers through her. "Why don't I come with you and work for a year? I can use what my parents saved up and then work to save up the rest. Plus, I can take a few extra courses to help my grades and increase my chances of getting in next year?"

"I will not have you run yourself dry like that." Lauren frowned and shook her head. I sighed heavily and tugged on my hair slightly.

"What do you suggest I do?" I asked. "Because I sure as hell will not be the reason that you turn down a full ride to university."

"And I will not be the reason that you live your life working just to get into UBC," Lauren whispered, "I will not sit back and watch you burn out just because of me."

"I applied to York," I cleared my throat, "my chances are better there but I'm still a Country away from you if I get accepted."

"I applied to Brown," she whispered, "but I didn't meet their qualifications. U of V is all I have."

I nodded slowly. "We can figure all of this out," I spoke quietly, "let's just join the others, have Sofi enjoy her night and resume this conversation tomorrow."

"I think that'd be best." Lauren let me help her off her bed and she kissed me so slow and deep, her fingers digging into my back, not letting me go – even when I couldn't breathe.

We tried so hard to stay strong for one another.

Whether we succeeded or not, time would only tell.

* * *

Sofi's PoV

"Just breathe baby!" Sammy chuckled as we made our way backstage. "You're going to faint before you step onto the stage."

"Good," I mumbled and closed my eyes, "I can't do this, Samantha."

"Yes," she brushed her lips against mine softly, "you can and you will."

"I don't see why you have that much confidence in me," I grumbled.

"I just believe in you." Sam smiled and kissed me again.

And again.

I wrapped my fingers through her hair and pulled her tighter against me. We both let out a quiet moan, sinking deeper into each other.

"Oh God," I heard a fake gag and pulled away from my girlfriend to find Lindley shake her head. "Sam, she needs to get ready, could you try not to distract her?"

I raised an eyebrow and gave Lindley the death glare. How dare she talk to my girl like that. "I think I was the one distracting her," I said, straightening out my shirt.

"Whatever," Lindley waved her hand, "just please get ready. Sammy, could you help me with the lighting?"

"Oh," Sammy pointed to me, "I already promised I'd help Sofi with her hair and make up."

"We have people for that," she sighed, "but okay. I'll just find someone else."

Lindley walked away with her clipboard in hand and slammed the door. "Wow," I whistled, "you didn't let her down easy, did you?"

"What do you mean?" Sammy eyed me up.

"I know you two were sort of an item when we weren't," I smiled softly, "you don't have to try and hide it."

"We went on a few dates," she shrugged, "no big deal."

"True," I nodded, "now if you happened to have slept with her on one of those dates, then I can understand why she's acting like that." I shrugged and from the corner of my eye, I watched her tense. I bit my lip and placed my hand on her shoulder, "you did, didn't you?"

"Sofi..."

"No," I laughed and covered her mouth, "It's okay. We weren't together and I have no room to talk. I get it."

"Okay." Sammy sighed but then cupped my face. "It was one time and it lasted for like, three minutes because she wasn't you. I made up an excuse to go home and that's when I came over and helped Camila and Lauren try and help you."

"It's okay," I whispered softly, "I understand. I'm not going to freak out."

"I know but it felt so wrong." Sammy frowned.

"I know, trust me. I was just too caught up in Isa's web. I shouldn't have ever broken up with you in the first place." I sighed and grabbed her hand. "Listen, you should go help Lindley with the lights. I can get my hair and make-up done by the professionals. I'd less likely look like a clown."

"Hey!" Sammy chuckled and kissed me. "I'll be in the front row," she smiled, "I'm so proud of you Sofia."

"Don't say that yet, I haven't done anything."

"Oh no worries," she pressed her lips against my ear. "I'll reward you later," she growled and walked away.

"I like rewards!" Was the only thing Icould think of yelling. Damn, I've lost my touch