Chapter 9

Chapter 9

**

The TV in the living room was switched off as soon as we heard the doorbell ring. After making sure that I was okay, Noah went upstairs to call our parents and inform them about the happening. Dad owns his business while Mom works at a Newspaper Registrar. They sometimes are home with us, but when work calls, they have to rush.

Daniel was with me in the living room, watching TV in an awkward silence. There was so much to talk about, but neither of us said anything. It was rather uncomfortable. So when the bell rang, he sprung up his seat and went to open the door. At the door, the girls and the guys flooded in. They had the look of disbelief on their faces.

I stood up and waited for them to start speaking. When no one said anything, I raised an eyebrow. Remembering Christian had an important news to tell us, I turned towards him. "You wanted to talk about something?"

Christian rubbed the back of his head as he sneaked glances at the others. "We heard about your hand," He started. "Who-Who did this?"

"It was an accident." I spoke slowly, aware of the reaction I may get if I told the name.

Grace came forward as I eyed her cautiously. "Are you sure?"

"Grace, what is going on?" I finally asked, fed up with their questions.

"We know Elisa did this!" Sam suddenly exclaimed. The others turned to glare at her.

"Seriously, Sam." Grace muttered.

"You said you didn't know who did this." Daniel began as he neared me. "I'm pretty sure you know who Elise is after the pranks you pulled on her."

"Look, it's no big deal. Let's not make it, okay!" I tried to reason with them.

"No. I will make it a big deal. You were never this way? You always wanted some type of revenge when they mess with you and now suddenly when he became your friend, you have gone all soft. This is not the Skylar we know." Sam carried on.

"Sam." Grace tried to cut in, but it looks like Sam was on fire.

"You know what, I don't like it. From the time they came into our life, it's all a mess. No pranks and all. This is supposed to be our last year because our senior year will be all about studies and college, and everything is so boring. In the beginning it was all fun and now..."

"Sam, stop." Finn tried.

"You better let me have that bitch to myself. I'll show her she has messed with the wrong person. I'm going to show her what happens when you hurt my best friend. This time I'll make sure she knows who did this to her and-" she was cut off by Christian.

My mouth fell open as I saw Christian lean forward and kiss her. He wrapped his one hand around her head and pulled in for a long kiss. I heard Grace gasp from next to me. I gulped when Sam pulled away and slapped Christian right across his face, leaving a mark. She stared at him, shock and then ran upstairs.

"Are you crazy?" I snapped. "You kissed her."

"She was talking too much. This was the only way I knew to make her stop." Christian said in his defense.

"There are other ways to stop her." I exasperated. "You push her and she will stop."

Christian looked at me in disbelief. "I can't push her."

"I would have." Grace raised her hand.

Without waiting for anyone's reply, I rushed upstairs. I heard footsteps following behind me, so I knew they were coming as well. As soon as I touched the last stair, I stopped in my track. The others stopped next to me.