Chapter 22

Chapter 22

**

After the whole ordeal with pranking the guys, we were all called into the principal's office because apparently throwing eggs at someone in the middle of the corridor is not exactly allowed according to the rules and regulations of the school.

Before meeting with the others at the office, I quickly grabbed a spare t-shirt from my locker since the one I was wearing was dirty, curtsy to Daniel who thought it would be funny to hug me after kissing me. I changed and followed my steps to the office where I found the others waiting too.

Not a second later did I come; we were ushered inside the cabin. I have been to the Principal's office to prank as well as to get praised by the principal, but never to get a punishment. But we knew this was inevitable. One day someone will catch us doing the prank. This time is a lucky one because this time it wasn't just us three, but whole lot of us.

"You're wearing some other t-shirt when you came to school," Grace whispered as we stood in the corner.

"Yeah, because Daniel ruined that by hugging me." I whispered back and pulled my head away and turned towards the bald man with round tummy.

"I am assuming you all know why you are present here?" He asked as he took a seat in his chair, sparing glances at everyone.

"Yes. We were throwing eggs," said one of the football players.

Mr. Martin, the name of the principal, looked at the one who spoke and nodded. "The whole football team is present here except for the 3 who were covered in eggs including your captain. I can't bench every one of you since it's useless to, so I would just like to know who started this."

No one uttered a word. Everyone knew who started it. Technically it was Sam's idea but the blame would go on Noah since he was the one who convinced everyone to take a part in it so that I won't get caught in the middle. My brother is such a sweetheart. But I knew if he took the whole blame, he would be suspended and since this is his senior year I would never allow it.

As soon as I saw him opening his big mouth to confess, I beat him to it. "It was my idea, Sir," I spoke causing Noah to snap his head towards me in disbelief. "I started throwing the eggs."

Mr. Martin raised an eyebrow at me, looking unconvinced, but since none of them were denying anything he has to believe me. He sighed and dismissed the rest to wait outside, not before warning them to not let this happen again.

Grace squeezed my hand before leaving with the others. I walked to the centre of the room and waited for him to say. He stood up and walked towards the front of the table, leaning against it.

"Miss Moore, this is certainly a surprise," he said, but he didn't exactly have a look of surprise on his face.

"Well, sir it was purely for fun." I tried to reason with him.

"Yes. I'm sure. But damaging the school property doesn't actually sound fun to the teachers and board of school." He said. My eyes widen as I thought that this situation went to the board of school. They will definitely throw me out of the school. "You look pale."

"I.." I started to stammer, but was cut off when Mr. Martin laughed. I looked at him as if he grew two head. "Sir?"

"The look on your face, Skylar." He chuckled. "I was just trying to scare you."

I sighed in relief. "That's good."

He nodded and went to his chair. "Since this is your first complain and your first stunt, I'm letting you off the hook easily with only a week detention, but make no mistake," he warned. "If this happens again, I will have to suspend you. We don't want the students to encourage such behavior in school with already the pranks going."