Chapter 23

Chapter 23

**

"Skylar, you are my best friend, but I'm not endearing any more of that torture," Sam started, looking sympathetic. "Not even for you."

After yelling at Sam to shut her mouth, Miss Hart went to sleep. Or so we thought. I was busy playing on my phone but the loners decided to study a little in the free time. Two of the girls were sitting and studying and as soon as they opened their mouth to discuss the war, Miss Hart opened her eyes and from there non-stop ear piercing scolding was heard.

I pity those to girls who were just trying to study. Detention was basically for people to study. I was wondering how they ended up getting detention in the first place. I shrugged it off because I didn't get a chance to wonder more about it as Miss Hart directed her firing towards each student who was present there. This went on for one hour straight before it was finally time to run out of that class.

Literally, people just got up and ran out as soon as the bell rang for the detention. We were the last to leave as Sam was sitting there and staring at Miss Hart.

"I still don't understand why were you staring at her?" Grace asked Sam as we walked towards her car. Noah left so I asked Grace to drop me home.

"Well, I might have borrowed something of her's when she wasn't looking." She said, smirking. We gave her a puzzle look. She holds up a bunch of keys.

"What keys are they?" I asked, examining them.

"I don't know. I'm guessing car and house keys." Sam shrugged.

"Her house keys are here." I said picking out a key with a keychain that has house written on it.

"She might not be able to get in now. Thrown out of her own house." Grace said, laughing.

"She had it coming." I said, shrugging, not feeling any remorse for her. "Let's go."

We climbed inside the car and drove off. Grace dropped me first before going to Sam's. I unlocked the house and walked in only to be greeted by a delicious smell of cookies. This means my parents were back from the Gala.

I speed walked into the kitchen and there standing next to the oven was my Mom with Noah making cookies. I didn't see Dad anywhere so I just assuming he is somewhere in the house.

"Hey." I said, dropping the keys in the bowl and went to give Mom a hug.

"Hey, sweetie. How was detention?" She asked, mixing the batter.

"How did you come to know?" I asked. Then, I turned my gaze to Noah who looked at me smiling innocently. I rolled my eyes and took a choco chip from the bowl. "Never mind."

"So, how was it?" Noah asked again.

"It was horrible." I shivered. "We had Miss Hart today."

Noah gave me a pity look. "I feel bad for you."

"Tell me about it."

"How did you end up in detention?" Mom asked, after changing the batch of cookie. She turned around, crossing her arms.

"Sam had this crazy idea of pranking our friends. And someone had to take the blame."

"I was going to do that, but this stupid girl had some other ideas." Noah butted in between.

"If you would've taken the blame, the coach would have benched you." I answered back.

"So?" He shrugged. "It doesn't matter. It would only be for one game."