Chapter 24

Chapter 24

**

The bell rang indicating the end of the school. I still had one hour of detention left. Noah decided to wait for me since he felt bad about not being able to help me, but I forced him to go home. Waiting for one hour is a waste of time and he had loads of assignment to complete. The girls decided to wait for me and complete their homework in the library.

Thank my lucky stars that today the detention teacher wasn't Miss Hart. If I had to endure anymore of her squeaky voice, I swear I would've killed her myself or maybe killed myself before that. Talking about Miss Hart, she still was on the hunt of finding her keys. Apparently, Sam thought it would be fun to tease her, so she implanted the fake keys with the same keychain and basically a similar copy on her desk to give her fake hopes. We were standing outside the classroom to see her reaction. So when she saw her keys, a disbelief look spread across her face. She immediately took the keys and left. We followed her to the parking lot and saw that she was trying to use one of the key to unlock the car. When she couldn't do that, she huffed out an annoying breath before marching back into the school. In her classroom, we had placed a paper saying 'haha you are pranked' with a laughing emoji. We didn't wait to see her reply afraid that she'll notice us wandering around.

Now, I was sitting in the detention classroom that I shared with few other people who were minding their own business. The last bell rang and I was finally done with my second day of detention. I jogged my way to the library to call Sam and Grace. When I reached there, I saw they both were engaged in a heated debate about Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.

After convincing them to stop with the debate and that they can continue when they are alone, we finally left for Sam's house. We wanted to know what was happening in her life because it was all a mystery to us as it includes Christian.

But as soon as we came out of the school building, my words got caught in my throat as I saw Grace's car. Her car was her life so when she saw that it was covered in sticky notes with slash tires, she lost it. Letting out a scream, she ran towards her car and started pulling out the notes. There were many in colored notes.

"What the hell?" Sam said from beside me. "Did they really just do that?"

"Apparently." I said, sending a sympathetic look towards Grace.

"I'm going to kill him!" She screeched. "Boyfriend or no boyfriend."

"Now now, babe," said a caution voice from behind us. We turned around and there stood Finn with grimace look. "You know how it is."

"I don't! It's my car. You know how much it means to me! You slashed the fucking tires. How am I suppose to go home? And look at what you did to this beautiful baby." She yelled, glaring at him.

Finn flinched as he heard her swear. Oh, he's gone big time. "I'll drop you home?" He suggested.

"If you think I am coming anywhere near you after this, you are sadly mistaken."

His face fell as he rubbed the back of his head. "Oh, come on, Grace. You know it's a war. He may be your boyfriend but he is still included in this. And he didn't say anything when you egged him." Christian came to defend his friend.

"Yes. Because egging him and destroying my car is the same thing!" She yelled, looking absolutely furious. I've never seen Grace get this angry.

"Grace," Finn approached. "What's wrong?"

"I'll tell you what's wrong," she began. "Because of this stupid war you guys began is giving me a headache. Do I want to be a part of it? No! But am I forced to? Yes! And this war was between Christian and Sam right? Then why the fuck is my car getting destroyed here! You know how it is and you didn't even try to stop them or come up with a good other prank? I'm done with all of you!" She cried and left.