Chapter 26

Chapter 26

**

I smiled at Sam, but stopped short as the whole cafeteria turned silent. I didn't realise that the laughter was this loud for everyone to turn silent and look at us. Sam didn't notice at first, but when her laughter died down, she noticed the silence around her. She looked around and rolled her eyes. "What are you looking at?" She shouted. "Go back to your food." 

Everyone looked away and got back to whatever they were doing. I peeked at the table opposite to mine and saw the conversation that was going on there has stopped and all the eyes were on Sam and I including Grace's, who had an unreadable expression on her face.

"Ignore her." Sam said, going back to eating her food. "She doesn't want to talk and I am not going to force her too. Whenever she is ready, she will come to us."

I nodded my head and forced my attention back to Sam. "So, are you and Christian still going to work together to bring me and Daniel to talk?" 

"Depends." She said.

"On what?"

"I'll talk to him first like you suggested me to. And if I think he is worth going through all this efforts with, then yes, we will." She said, shrugging.

"And if I ask you not to do that?" I tried.

"I'm not going to listen. As I said earlier, the sexual tension is getting to me," She smirked. I narrowed my eyes at her, but didn't say anything. 

We both were lost in our own thoughts since we didn't notice Noah, Spencer and Andrew making their way towards us until Noah, not so discreetly banged his lunch tray on the table and took a seat next to me followed by Spencer who sat next to him and Andrew who sat next to Sam.

The five of us made casual conversation with each other. None of us brought up the topic of Grace or why we were sitting alone and not with her. It was almost the end of lunch period when we saw people approaching our way.

"Andrew?" Christian called.

"Hey, Christian." Andrew greeted and smiled up at his brother.

"Shouldn't you be sitting with us?" Elisa who was stuck to Daniel like a leech asked. The sight made an unfamiliar rise of jealousy within me.

"Why would I do that?" He asked in confusion.

"Because you are Christian's cousin brother," she said in a duh tone.

"Just because he is my brother doesn't mean I have to sit with him. Besides, it's more fun to sit with my friends than a fake barbie like you." He bluntly stated. Elisa's mouth fell open in shock.

"Oh. Burn!" Spencer laughed from next to Noah, who covered his mouth with his hands.

"Shut up!" Elisa yelled, making Spencer raise an eyebrow.

"Or else what?" She asked, and stood up tall in front of Elisa who coward back a little.

Elisa may behave like a queen bee of the school, but she still stands no chance in front of seniors who particularly give no damn about the stereotypes.

"Nothing." Elisa quietly muttered.

"That's what I thought." Spencer said, rolling her eyes and got back to her seat.

Daniel and others turned around and left the cafeteria after that, not bothering to ask any questions. I didn't even look up towards Daniel when he made his way towards us. All my focus was on the arm that was tightly held by Elisa.