Chapter 29

Chapter 29

**

Daniel

I walked back home after dropping Skylar off at her house first. It was quite late when her phone rang with Noah asking about her whereabouts. When she told me she had to leave I was disappointed about her leaving, but I didn't let it affect my happiness when she agreed to be my girlfriend. After everything that has happened, I vowed to myself to make it up to her. 

I was so distracted that I didn't notice my phone ringing until a man walking by told me. I checked to see who it was. I cursed when I saw it was Christian and cursed more when I saw the time. I was suppose to meet the guys half an hour ago, but spending time with Skylar made me forget all my plans. The effect that girl has on me.

"Hello?" I called, knowing fully well that Christian is going to curse me until I bleed from my ears.

"Dude," he yelled. "Where are you?"

"I'm coming home. Give me a minute."

"You better be home soon or else I am going to kick your ass." He said and didn't even bother to wait for my response before hanging up. 

When I saw my house come into view, I sighed. Christian is not going to let this go easily as I have always irritated him when he came late to our hang out time. I opened the door and was greeted by my little sister who has now stopped using her British accent and was playing with her dolls. I made my way up to my room where I knew the guys are waiting for me. But before I could climb one step, Natalie stopped me and stood in front of me with her tiny hands on her hips. 

"When are you bringing Skylar home?" She demanded, again. From the time I got Skylar home, she has been insisting me to bring her again or else she won't talk to me. I've tried to avoid it as much as possible, but now that Skylar agreed to be my girlfriend, I would have no problem in inviting her home.

I tapped my chin which caused Nat to let out an impatient groan. Chuckling, I bend down to her level and said, "How about tomorrow night? We three can go for dinner and a new movie that you've been wanting to see?" I asked. I knew for sure Skylar won't mind coming with us because from her last interaction with Nat, I knew the girls loved each other.

Nat squealed and came running at me to hug me. Wrapping her small arms around my neck as I was already bend down to her level, she grinned and bobbed her head continuously. "Yes!"

Chuckling, I kissed her head as she pulled away and ran into the living room. I turned around to walk up to my room when I saw my Mom and the guys standing at the end of the stairs above. "I want to know all about this girl of yours that your sister hasn't stopped asking about. Maybe meet her too?" Mom smirked as the guys snickered from beside her.

Rolling my eyes, I walked up the stairs. "Yeah, yeah." I waved my hand in dismissal, but the color was already crawling up my neck to my face. 

I pulled the guys with me to the room. I took my place at the edge of the bed, headrest supporting my back as the guys took their seat. "So where did you go?" Finn asked.

"Just went for a walk."

"Did you happen to run into certain someone during this walk?" Christian asked, wiggling his eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes, but didn't answer back. "Are you going to answer or am I suppose to force it out of you?"

I sighed. "Yes, I did meet Skylar on the way."

"And?" Finn encouraged, seeming interested after a while. 

"I asked her to be my girlfriend," I said, looking anywhere but at them.

"What!?" They both yelled, making me wince.