Chapter 17

Chapter 17

**

"What are you doing here?"

"You've been ignoring me." Daniel stated, ignoring my previous question.

I tried to take a step back away from him, but he just pulled me back closer to him. "Let me go."

"Why would I do that?" He asked, acting all calm.

I swallowed. "Because I asked you to."

"So that other guys can look at you and eye rape you while you dance in oblivious. No, thanks. I'm not leaving." There was a silent threat in his voice. "Now, tell me, love," he began, bringing his face closer to me. "Why have you been ignoring me?"

The way he said it made my heart go into overdrive. Butterflies erupted in my stomach causing havoc. My heart was beating so fast that I feared that Daniel may be able to hear it. His voice was calm yet had a hint of anger and dominance in them. His eyes held me captive which held so many emotions; anger and jealousy standing out the most. He opened his mouth to speak again, but before he could utter any word, I was pulled back by someone making Daniel growl in anger. He turned to see who pulled us away, only to find Sam glaring at him.

Without waiting for anyone to start a word battle on the dance floor, I pulled Grace and Sam along with me to the washroom. While walking I turned to see Sam giving a smirk to Daniel, who looked murderous. Once we were in the safety of the washroom, I check if anyone was here with us, but luckily no one was.

"How the hell did they know we are here!?" I exclaimed, turning to Sam and Grace.

Sam was busy looking at herself in the mirror while Grace shrugged and looked back at Sam. My eyes wandered to Grace since she was pestering me on Skype about Daniel. But I knew better to doubt her because she would never do something like that to me. She values our friendship more than a boy wanting to talk. My only option was Sam. Because she has a habit of minding in others business and take full advantage of the situation.

"Sam!" I yelled, making her turn to me.

"What?" She asked, showing attitude.

"Why did you call them?" I asked, incredulously. "You told me to stay away from him and you went behind my back and called him."

"I did not call them." She replied, calmly. That made me pause. Grace raised an eyebrow at her. Sam sighed. "I may have tipped them into believing that we are coming out here."

My jaws dropped open. That basically means she called them. Grace and I opened our mouth to give her an ear piercing speech, but before we could say anything, she raised her hand to stop us. My mouth shut close instantly and I blinked at her.

"Listen to me first, both of you." Sam said, looking between Grace and me. "I told you to stay away from him so that you don't become his little bitch that he can take advantage of. Keeping aside the fact that he does or not. I'm not taking that risk of seeing you heartbroken until I scrutinize him. And tonight was just a test. We wanted revenge we got it. He can't go around kissing and not tell you. He needs to get a taste of his own medicine."

"Won't that be too much?" Grace questioned. "Aren't you thinking too much into it?"

"Maybe I am, Grace. But I know how the both of you work. Even if you hate me for that, I'll still look out for you both and eliminate all the possibilities. And they were the guys we didn't trust and until I'm hundred percent sure they are truly who they show they are, I'm not leaving you alone with them." Sam explained, looking away.

"We don't hate you." I replied quietly.

"I know." She smiled at me. Then she turned to Grace. "I know you think I hate Finn, but it's not true. I'm just looking out for you."