Seven.

Fast updates cause I'm loving writing this story haha. I'll be updating golden on the weekend!!

Make sure to vote and comment.

Tell me what ya'll think.

Mannat.

"I love you."

She was talking and talking, talking about how it wasn't a good idea for them to get back together again, talking about how he would hurt her, talking about how she was better off without him, talking about how she had seen someone else suffering from their partner's commitment issues and she didn't want to go back to that, she was talking about how he didn't even show his affection towards her a week ago and now here he was, trying to get back together with her.

She was talking and talking, and he listened.

He listened because all of the things she said were right, all the things that she tried to explain to him were not wrong. He listened because this was Mannat. The woman who was rational in her thoughts and smart enough to not fall into any trap. She believed that Wajeeh was trapping her with his feelings but he knew he wasn't.

He was ready this time, he really was.

He understood why she didn't believe him, why she was not convinced, why she wanted to avoid the entire conversation. She was trying to get an out, trying to get out of something that might cause a mess later but Wajeeh truly believed he was done.

He really was.

If he had any conflict in his head, it had all vanished the moment he had spotted her at the event with another man. Mannat had been so engrossed in a conversation with him that she hadn't even noticed Wajeeh's stare. Or so he thought.

Seeing her with another man had made his feelings even more strong. He wanted to be there. He wanted to be that man.

He wanted to be the man with whom she could share everything with, he wanted to be the man that could stare her into the eyes and pull her into a kiss without any hesitation or fear, he wanted to be the man that would make her happy. And he wanted her to be the woman to do all of that for him too.

The girls he fucked were just the girls he fucked. They weren't Mannat. Wajeeh knew he sounded like a bastard but it was the truth.

As a man with all the freedom in the world, he had fun, he had pleasure but deep down, it was always Mannat he thought of.

Mannat.

Always.

This whole time Mannat was rambling and talking and frowning and scowling, Wajeeh was just staring at her.

He didn't know how to answer all her insecurities, all her logic, all the facts and figures that she used to support her argument, the way she was trying to explain, pleading and asking why he would want to go through that road again.

All the answer that he had, it was a simple statement.

Those three words managed to shut her up.

I love you.

Wajeeh never thought he'd say those words out loud so damn easily, like it was the utter truth, like it was so easy to say that to her, like it was a natural habit.

Maybe it was.

And he did love her.

Because in all the years of his life, things had constantly evolved and changed. But the one thing that hadn't, it was her.