Twenty Three.

I know I've been slow with my updates but in my defense, I've been super busy.

Anyway here's the chapter. Next chapter gonna be way more exciting omg. Can't wait to write it.

Thankyou for all the love so far!!

Even though I was team Asim and Rashami, I don't even care about what happened in the finale lol. All I could think about was the Siddharth Rashami chemistry. Matlabbb🔥🔥

 Matlabbb🔥🔥

Mannat.

"Yes, Mel. I understand that. I just couldn't say no." She said over the phone, hiring a mixture of disapproval in her friend's voice but also a tiny bit of excitement and happiness.

She heard melody hum, not saying anything else.

"Look, I know that you have your doubts and even I did as well. But if a man is asking me to marry him with such desperation, the man that I've always loved. How can i ever say no?"

Mannat asked, because it was true.

She had always dreamed of being with Wajeeh and he was finally ready for it, no matter the circumstance. Why did it matter that he had proposed in such a hurry?

Melody responded with a huff and a murmur how she was not opposed to the idea of her marrying him but rather the idea of her marrying him so quick.

"I told him that. I told him that was what I wanted but Wajeeh said he doesn't like to do that thing." Mannat replied, still not knowing how she felt about the sudden plans.

She had always fantasized about a grand wedding, with several events. And now here she was, not even left with three days to plan her wedding. It was quite freaking weird if she was being honest.

Mannat heard melody grumble about Wajeeh being a total show off and she didn't understand why he didn't want something grand.

She let out a laugh upon hearing her friend's words.

"Yes. That was exactly my mind too. Since when did Wajeeh start hating grand things?"

She questioned back with a slight surprise in her voice. Melody let out an unbelievable laugh all of a sudden and Mannat knew that even her bestfriend was trying to wrap her head around the entire idea.

"Yes, yes I am." She agreed as she heard her friend state so you're really getting married.

"Yes, this Friday." She affirmed further, continuing.

"Okay, shush. My mother's super happy. His parents are arriving in the evening. We have three days to pick a dress, get me all pampered at the salon and ask the hotel to arrange something classy. I need you."

She rambled, hearing the slight shuffle by her side as Wajeeh tightened his grip on his stomach and dig his face deeper into the pillows.

"Great, then I'll call Bert and talk to you later." She tried to end the call, hearing Melody finally ask about how she was genuinely feeling.