thirty nine.

I have to update golden now. I haven't written it in like forever lol.

Anyway, make sure to vote and comment.

Tell me what y'all think.

Mannat x Wajeeh

Once Wajeeh returned back to the village after a hectic day, all he truly wanted to do was take a look at Mannat and relish in the feeling that she was here, she hadn't gone anywhere and that she would be with him, no matter what.

Once he returned and entered his room without so much as a glance to anyone else, he was hoping to find his wife sat on the couch or asleep on the bed, with some television show playing in the background. Or she would be using her laptop, her brows furrowed as she read some article or talked to some friends over a video call, but she would be there and everything would be calm and content.

These past few days, he had also found her on the bed, with popcorns on her lap as she watched a new netflix show every night or some romantic hollywood movie. She would look at him with a big smile on her face, open her arms and invite her in for a hug. He would relish in the feeling of it.

He knew that it wasn't enough.

Mannat was not used to living life like this. She was not used to sitting at home all day. She was used to brunch with her girlfriends, she was used to ordering around at the office and feeling exhausted from work, she was used to spas and facial treatment days with her bestfriends, she was used to art gallery openings and social gatherings, she was not used to a life where she had everything handed to her and she only had access to the house.

She was free to roam around, ofcourse. But Wajeeh knew that it was the last thing she would want to do. She never complained about it, she never complained about feeling like a prisoner but he knew that she wasn't okay with it.

However, when he looked around in the room..he didn't find her anywhere. She wasn't by the couch, reading from the book shelf that he had got made for her. She wasn't on the sofa, using her laptop or chatting with someone over the phone. There was no trace of any popcorn or snacks beside the bed. He frowned at the lack of presence and the dead silence in the room.

He walked towards the bathroom, seeing the light switched on but the water wasn't running and he couldn't hear her humming as she took a bath too. Infact, Mannat was the one to play some acoustic music everytime she chose to shower or take a bath.

Despite his will to barge inside the bathroom and ask Mannat what was wrong, he chose to poke his head inside without making a noise.

She was leaning against the bath tub, her eyes closed as she simply remained in the warm water without so much as a movement. He focused on her flushed cheeks and red nose, knowing that it wasn't the water but the fact that she had cried.