Twelve.

Very important chapter cause the real storyline kick starts from here and I'm super freaking excited.

Make sure to vote, comment and tell me what ya'll think.

Mannat

Mannat.

When it came to working at the office, I had been quite distracted lately. The reason behind it was very simple. I was in a relationship and I had something else to focus on. And while Wajeeh made me think about other things in life, while he made me feel like work was not just the only priority for me, while he made me realize that he was there now and he was mine and I was his, it was very hard to wrap my head around the entire thing.

These days, all I could ever think about was him.

It was Wajeeh after all. We were in a  relationship as proper adults now and while the fear was always present in my heart that something might go wrong, there was also an unabashed love.

I still didn't understand what had suddenly taken over him and how he had realised that he only wanted to be with me.

His reasoning sounded quite logical though. It was never easy to see your loved one with another person and while I had been used to it, while I had been used to seeing him flirt with random women, take them out on dates, take them to random hotels or sometimes his own apartment, he hadn't got used to seeing me with anyone.

Seeing me with Aaron had triggered him.

Aaron was a safe choice, he genuinely liked me or might even have loved me, his kisses were soft and gentle, he never really asked me to sleep with him and always wanted me to feel comfortable.

The closest I had got around to sleeping with him was the night of the annual gala when Wajeeh had disappeared with another woman and it had disgusted me just as much as it had hurt me.

So I had gone home with Aaron and he had gone down on me. It had felt nice but the feeling had disappeared as soon as I realized I would have to return the favor and I still remember the panic that he saw on my face.

Aaron had smiled and kissed my forehead. He had told me that I didn't have to try anything else tonight. We could just sleep. And so, we had just slept.

But Wajeeh, I knew that as nice and understanding he was being right now... His nature was not as understanding as he made it out to look like. He got jealous easy, he didn't like to compromise and he was overprotective and sometimes even obsessive. He hid those parts of himself quite well but I could read his eyes very easily. And I knew that there existed a darkness within him but I did not know the reason behind it.

Still, I appreciated that he was trying to be understanding for me and he was genuinely understanding me because he loved me.

So this is how every day went these days, I talked about him, I thought about him and I could hardly focus on work.