Twenty One.

I can't wait for Mannat and Wajeeh to reunite in the next chapter.

Make sure to vote and comment. Tell me what you think.

Wajeeh

Wajeeh..

.. I was somewhere between emotion and emotionless. I was somewhere between heaviness and emptiness. I was somewhere between brutal honesty and utter lies. I was somewhere between guilt and anger. I was somewhere between nothing and everything.

It was so hard. Every time she called me, it was so hard for me to pretend that everything was perfect. Every time, she told me that she was glad I was hers... I felt an enormous amount of guilt. She was absolutely right. She was mine and I was hers. Still, it did not change the fact that I was a married man and I was betraying the women that I loved.

My life's biggest truth was sat right outside this room and I could not tell Mannat about it.

All my promises had gone to waste. She had repeatedly begged me not to break her and I knew that this would break her one day.

My heart always felt heavy, it was always filled with guilt and anger. I burned on a constant basis and I have nobody to pour my heart out to.

I loved Mannat and I had married Wafaa.

It was the worst fucking thing that I had ever done. Life had played with me, it had gave me no choice and I hated that it had to be this way.

I had always read that humans had the ability to hurt the ones that they loved the most.

I supposed it was true. You couldn't possibly hurt someone you didn't love. And I had hurt my baby, I had hurt my love and she didn't even know about it.

I had done it for her, to keep her safe and she didn't even know about it. She didn't even know her own self. How would she ever cope with all of it?

Mannat had already suffered her fair share of pain. She had lost a parent, she had to go through two heartbreaks because of me and now, when she was finally happy with me...this shit had happened.

This shit.

This fucking marriage.

I couldn't even blame Wafaa for it. She was a Malik, she should have been the enemy but she was now my wife. She was also forced into it, she also had no other choice.

And unlike me, she had left the person she loved. She had suffered too. Maybe that's why I had felt a certain amount of anger at the bastard Balaaj. He had hit her like it was the most easy thing to do. He had hurt his own flesh and blood.

I wasn't a good man, I was a monster. But at least I didn't punch my flesh and blood every chance I got.

I let out a small sigh as I brought the phone near my ear, trying to push all the guilt and anger away and talk to the woman I loved.