Nine. (Dil Ka Ye Kya Raaz hai)

Hey guys. A very very important chapter. Literally. Almost 6k words and it's kinda emotional and I'm finally feeling lots of things so that's always good.

Make sure to vote and comment. Like really comment so I know what's  going on in your minds about this story looool.

Hope you like it.

Dil ka yeh kya raaz hai

Jaane kya kar gaye

Jaise andhero mein tum,

Chandani bhar gaye

Mannat.

She swiped the blush across her cheek, smiling in front of the mirror to see if it blended perfectly or not. She blended it a little more, liking the pink tint across her cheeks. Since she had to put on a darker lip colour, she decided not to go overboard with her eyes and simply coated them with a mascara.

She put the highlighter next, making sure that her face glowed for the night. She was just in the middle of opening the lipstick when she heard a knock on the door and then it opened.

Mannat turned around, spotting her mother. She put the lipstick away and took a few steps, greeting her mother with a smile.

"Hey mum." The woman who usually looked like a million bucks, looked extremely exhausted. It worried Mannat.

She walked towards her daughter, placing a small warm smile on her face.

"Hi sweetheart. I haven't seen you in what seems like forever." She greeted back, Mannat just shrugged.

She did not want to get into the logistics of why she did not have enough time. Her mother knew the reason behind it already. She was juggling not only her own work but was also overseeing her mother's work.

It was not easy. She was still way too inexperienced to take decisions that her mother needed to take. She was so grateful for uncle Masroor's help and guidance. He was the only one who understood her situation and made sure she did the right job.

"You saw me yesterday." She pointed out, Her mother nodded.

"For a minute before you rushed out for work." She said back, reminding Mannat of yesterday.

By the time she had finished her breakfast, her mother had actually woken up and insisted that Mannat stayed over for a while.

She wanted to do that. More than anything. But she couldn't. She had an early meeting with the board members. The last thing she wanted them to think was her being irresponsible.

"You know how it is. There is so much pressure and sometimes my head starts hurting. It's too much for me." She complained, hoping that her mother might change her mind and come back to work.