Eight. (Nazm Nazm)

Remember when i talked about each chapter being based on a song? Well, that starts now. :))

Vote, comment and tell me what you think.

----

Haath thaam le piya,

Karte hain Vaada,

Ab se tu arzoo,

Tu hi hai iraada...

She didn't know how holding hands could feel so intimate. She didn't know how the simple act of holding hands could feel so intense. She didn't know why her heart beat so fast in her chest juts because Wajeeh had held her hand.

It was Wajeeh. She had held his hand several times, she had been way more intimate than that. Then why did this feel so crazy?

Maybe it was because this time he had shown a certain amount of possession over her, some sort of protectiveness and affection and it felt like she was a need, a constant need to him. He wanted to hold her hand because he wanted to, he needed to.

She squeezed his fingers and smiled at him, Wajeeh simply looked ahead but the corners of his mouth were lifted in a smile too.

Wajeeh didn't care that everyone stared at him as he walked inside the office, holding Mannat's hand. He didn't care that the women he used to casually flirt with were gaping at him, he didn't care that the people who thought of Mannat as a badass now looked at her as Wajeeh Masroor's girlfriend.

He liked claiming his territory, he liked holding her hand. He opened the door for her as she entered her office and he stepped inside as well.

She walked towards the table and placed her bag on it.

He knew he had to leave for work too, had to move to his office, he wished his office was next to Mannat's.

Still, seeing her come in full form as a business woman and scroll through the files on the table, he walked towards her and placed his lips on her cheek, catching her by surprise.

Mannat stared at him, touching her cheek that he had just kissed. It tingled.

"I'll see you at lunch."

Wajeeh mumbled, then he was out of the door.

Mannat sat on her seat, a little dazed but ready to carry on with the very busy day.

Mera Naam le piya,

Main teri rubaayi,

Tere hi toh peeche peeche,

Barsaat ayi..

"The entire office is gossiping about us." Mannat groaned out loud, having heard the hefty gossip of one of the assistants on the third floor.

Gossip spread like wildfire in the office every day. Every worker knew who was dating who, who had shagged who and who broke up with who.

As if that was not enough already, apparently someone had also spread gossip that Mr Masroor had forced Wajeeh to propose to Mannat as he wanted the family legacy to be protected. It was bullshit really.

She let out a small yawn as she spoke to Wajeeh about the gossip and he let out a shrug, as if he didn't care.

He was pretty immune to gossip anyway. He hardly cared what people said about him.