thirty two

Long chapter. 5k words.

Wajeeh and Mannat have all my heart but Wafaa and Wajeeh are my love too

I'm so fucking confused omg.

Anyway, I love this chapter because well, the dialogues are in Urdu and Wafaa is a badass and also such emotional Wajeeh Mannat scenes with a cute Wafaa Wajeeh scene also.

Ugh.

Okay.

Anyway, make sure to vote and comment!! I love reading your comments and y'all arguing over whose better lmao.

Thanks for the love so far.

Enjoy :))

Mannat.

She didn't know exactly how to feel about the people standing in front of her. She looked at them like they were strangers but at the same time they were the people she had been the most familiar with throughout her life. They were the people she considered her family and the people who had provided her with unconditional love.

When people betray you, it is so easy to make up your mind and decide that you will hate them forever. It is so easy to you think that time will heal everything and you will eventually forget that they even existed but in reality, you cannot let go of people close to you no matter how grave their betrayal might have been.

She faced the same dilemma. She wanted to hate the people in front of her, she wanted to you tell them to shove it but how could she do all of that when standing here in front of them, only reminded her of all the good times.

Looking at Uncle Masroor only reminded her of the father figure he had been her entire life. Whether it was showing up at her school on father's day or whether it was taking her to visit her father's grave or letting her cry over his shoulder or scolding Wajeeh for her sake, there wasn't one moment in her life where he had been unjust or unkind.

She did not know whether he had any ulterior motive behind his kindness and love but she could not bring herself to believe that everything that had happened over the past two decades had been a lie.

"Mannat, it's good to have you home."

He greeted her the moment she stepped inside the house and while she knew he wanted to reach out and put his hand on her shoulder, he stopped himself.

Shah Masroor knew that Mannat would always play a vital role in all of their lives, he also knew that his son would be weak because of her love but it didn't matter anymore. Wajeeh would be even worse without Mannat and honestly, he held such deep affection for his best friend's daughter, the one that he had sworn to protect.

"My daughter," He gave her a smile, Mannat didn't return it.

"We were all very concerned about you." He further said, hoping to hear something from her but she remained quiet and nodded.