Six.

Here's the first proper look of Wafaa. I hope you guys like this chapter. Make sure you read, vote and comment!!

Tell me what you think.

Wafaa.

She walked through the half empty hallway, talking over the phone as her boots made a sound every time she took a step.

"Jee abbu, mujhe arahi hai samajh." the (Yes father, I understand.)

"Haan jee, aap bilkul fikar na karein. Main jaanti hoon." (Yes. Don't worry. I know.)

She assured to her father in her native language, smiling and waving at one of her friends who was still stood at a distance. Upon spotting her, he started to walk towards her and Wafaa stood at her spot, still talking over the phone.

She peeked a glance at her clothes as she heard her father's query over the call.

"Jee? Haan jee, chadar le kar jaati hoon." (What? Yes yes. I cover myself.)

She lied with confidence, frowning as her father continued speaking and giving instructions even from far away.

"Balaaj bhai ko bhejne ki koi zaroorat nahi hai, main aungi na kuch mahino main wapis."

(There is no need to send my brother. I'll come back in a few months.)

She replied, trying to get a hold of the situation. The last thing she needed was her own brother visiting her in America.

"Acha, theek hai." (Alright, that's fine.)

She further responded, sighing as her father lectured her on how important it was for her to not forget her values and culture. It had been three years since she had been here and every call had been exactly the same.

"Abba, meri class hai. I'll call you in a while." (I have a class now.)

"Khuda hafiz." (Good bye.)

She hung up, eyes closing as relief washed all over her and she opened them again, only to find her friend standing right in front of her.

Her head already ached due to last night and her father hadn't really catered to her feeling anymore better.

"Morning, Wafaa. You look great." Sid greeted her, smiling as she put her phone back in her pocket and greeted him back with a small playful shove.

"Thanks Sid, I feel like shit though." She complained, linking her arm in his as they walked forward.

"And why is that?" Sid asked back, looking at her. She didn't really look like shit.

Wafaa always managed to look different and unique. Sid loved that about her.

"You were right about not partying on week days." She answered, lying once again.

She had spent her whole night arguing with Iskander over not showing up at the Vegas event. At the end, he had just given up and told her that it was alright. They had made up, ofcourse. Making up with Iskander meant that she hadn't been able to sleep all night.

That was the kind of information she did not want to share with anyone else.

Sid only smirked, knowing how Wafaa could be. He pulled out a file from his bag and handed it to her.

"Mhm. Here's your assignment." He handed it over to her, she grinned.

She hadn't even asked him to make her assignment, yet he had done it on his own.