thirty eight.

Long chapter. Make sure to vote and comment,tell me what y'all think.

It's getting interesting 👀

"Where's Mannat?" Wajeeh heard his family ask the moment he entered the dining room, finding both the eyes on him as he was already showered and dressed to leave.

Wajeeh looked at his parents as he mumbled a salam and sat down on the dining chair, shrugging.

"She's asleep." He replied.

Mannat had stayed up till late, pacing around the room because she couldn't really sleep in the new environment. Wajeeh had stayed awake with her. He had opted for some Netflix to get her mind distracted. Ironically, the TV had recommended a mafia show. He had groaned and told her to put something else on but Mannat had simply laughed.

Untill five in the morning, they had laid awake in each other's arms and watched the show together. She had pointed at each and everything, asking him if it was the same in his world. Wajeeh had denied it completely, knowing that films were nowhere close to the reality.

They were on the sixth episode of the show when he had found her relaxed by his side, soft snores leaving her mouth and her head tucked into the nape of his neck as she slept soundly.

It was the most relaxed he had felt too. Relaxed and normal.

"Wafaa?" He heard his mother ask as breakfast got served to him.

"She must be upstairs." Wajeeh murmured, Shah Masroor gazed at his son and found his ownself feeling for his son's first wife.

Even though she was Wajeeh's first wife, she was still the other woman for him and for Mannat. And even for the entire family.

"If Mannat isn't coming for breakfast, call Wafaa." He suddenly said, Wajeeh looked up to protest.

"Dad-"

He interfered before his son could even complete his sentence.

"Wajeeh, she's a Malik but she's also a part of this family now. We need to accept that." He insisted, knowing that she wasn't much at fault in the entire situation.

Besides, it was clear that Wafaa would not become a problem for them. She would leave with Islander the moment things turned out well.

"I agree. She hasn't done anything wrong so far." His mother pointed out as well, Wajeeh ate the first bite of his paratha and simply shrugged.

"Nasreen!"

His mother called for the maid.

"Jao, Wafaa baji ko bula kar lao." (Go, call Wafaa.)

She told the woman, who had been serving their family for a few years now. She used to take care of the house even when they were in America.

"Kehna sab naashte par intezaar kar rahe hain." (Say that everyone's waiting for breakfast downstairs.)