Fifteen.

Make sure to vote and comment.

Tell me what ya'll think.

Next chapter, Wafaa and Wajeeh will meet.

A little bit of Iskander in this chap too :))

Wajeeh.

Being here in my village brought me no comfort or peace. My father always told me that there was a certain piece about your own home but I couldn't feel that peace over here. I knew the reason behind it. Before leaving for Pakistan, Mannat had told me that I was her home and she was mine. I didn't think there were more appropriate words that she could have said.

All I felt in the Sheherzaad village was dread, it was an ugly feeling nagging at my heart.

I was here to kill Malik Ibrar, yet here I sat with my father contemplating on what to do next.

He had been trying to convince me for an hour to say yes to this marriage but I couldn't do it. Marrying the Malik girl would mean leaving Mannat and I'd rather have a bullet through my chest than leave her..

"What do you want to happen? Do you want another war? Do you want an other bloodbath?"

The last thing I wanted was the bloodbath but I did not want to be a sacrificing lamb either. I don't want to sacrifice my life, I did not want to do a duty that would become the reason of Mannat's hurt and heart break.

"We lost Ajmal, my best friend. We lost him because of this war. He died. I will not let them take you. I will not lose you or anyone else."

My father was talking about Mannat's father. The man he considered his own brother. He had enough reason to slit Malik Ibrar's throat in his sleep.

"I did my duty as your son. But you're asking me to do something I'm not capable of. You are asking me to leave Mannat. I will not do that. I've hurt her enough already." I replied, shaking my head.

"You don't have to leave her. Alot of men in our world have more than one woman in their lives."

That boiled my blood. What did he mean by that? Did he mean I could keep Mannat as a mistress? As some side chick? What the fuck was wrong with him?

"You do realise what you are saying, right? This is Mannat. The Mannat that you said was like your daughter." I hissed, he didn't seem to mind my words.

"I am doing this to protect her, to protect you, to protect all of us."

"Dad, this is on another level. We are not in the old ages anymore."

"People still marry for duty, Wajeeh. This is your duty. Your mother will die, your father will die. You have to be the one to end this war. You have to Marry Malik Ibrar's daughter."