twenty six.

Okay I don't know how this chapter is gonna be but it took an effort to write this. Uff it's been too long since I wrote all emo stuff but I guess this start is okay ish.

Make sure to tell me what y'all think. Vote and comment.

Love love.

Wajeeh.

What did that bastard do? How could he just blurt it out without a fucking care in the world? How could he not understand that Mannat was not involved in any of this

What did that bastard do? How could he just blurt it out without a fucking care in the world? How could he not understand that Mannat was not involved in any of this. I had protected her from it all and now, he had simply ruined it all.

He hadn't given me the chance to even explain myself.

What did I do? I should have killed all the Malik's. I should have died doing it. I should have told my father to fuck off. I should have done something. Anything would have been better than hurting Mannat the way I had hurt her. I had hurt her because I wanted to protect her. I had hurt her to the point where my betrayal was so evident in her eyes.

Wajeeh already has a wife and her name is Wafaa. My Wafaa is the wife of your Wajeeh. This is why he was in Pakistan and this is why I kept telling you to search and see.

I should have fucking shot him. I should have killed him.

But Mannat,

Fuck.

Mannat..

It felt like the whole world was spinning around and I was still, it felt like all the misery of the entire world had been saved up for me and me only.

Mannat was on the floor with her head bowed down. She was silent, not uttering a word, denying to speak anything. Her eyes didn't even lift up, she was just staring at nothing, literally nothing.

I wanted to hold her, I wanted to explain her the truth but all the words in my head couldn't even form one sentence that could comfort her. She was not saying anything and her silence was painful for me.

What the fuck did I do?

She told me not to break her and I broke her. I freaking broke her.

"Mannat," I called her name, with all the courage that I could muster up.

"Mannat, please.."

Please what? Please look at me? Listen to me? Still love me? Understand me? I'll tell you everything just say a word? Please..just..what?

I didn't even know what to do, I didn't. She wasn't saying a word, she was just so quiet. It made me sick, actually sick.

"I told you, you thought I was being absurd."

Iskander further said, my hands reached out for my gun.

Taking out the gun would confirm it to her, it would confirm that I was the monster, the man who ruined everything, the man that she didn't know at all.