30. Trigger

Peter forgot about his own anxiety the moment Robin fainted, and he immediately lifted the younger, laying him down on the sofa and preparing a cloth with cold water to cool him down with. Robin groaned when the cold cloth touched his hot skin.

Peter didn't know where the sudden fever came from, but he decided to just take care of Robin as well as possible. When Felicia came downstairs a little later, she startled a bit. 'What's wrong with him?' she asked. 'And why are you not at school?'

'Robin has a fever.' Peter explained. 'And I'm taking care of him. Can you prepare yourself for school on your own today? I need to take his temperature.'

'Sure.' Felicia said, walking to the kitchen.

39,4 degrees. Peter shook his head. 'You idiot, why did you drive with a fever like this? You could've gotten hurt.' he mumbled.

He called his mom to ask if she could take Felicia to school because Robin obviously wasn't in a state where he could take care of David if he were to wake up, and Peter honestly didn't want to leave his side either. He also went to look for some medicine in case Robin were to wake up.

The problem was that Robin didn't wake up, even after Felicia had left for school. He was moving, groaning and sweating alot, and Peter had a hard time keeping his cool while taking care of him. He had so many questions. Where did that sudden fever come from? He couldn't ask Robin anything, so he quickly found the contact of his doctor in his phone. When Peter had gotten Robin's information, he had saved it just in case. It turned out to be useful.

The doctor told him that he should try to lower his fever as much as possible by giving him medicine -he didn't need to be fully conscious for that- and cold towels and if his fever were to increase to over 40 degrees, he should immediately contact him. 

'What could it be? Is it the flu? It's quite bad for the flu, right?' Peter asked anxiously.

'You are his guardian, right? Do you have any symptoms?'

'No, but he left yesterday at 3PM to visit a friend and stayed over there. When he came back, he suddenly had this fever. So I don't know, I could still get infected.'

'How about the friend? Does he have any symptoms?'

'I don't know, I will check.'

'It's highly unlikely that it's contagious because you would probably have them too, but do check it indeed, you can never be sure enough. Hmm... I'm going to check his medical history. Peterson, Robin... what is his birth date again?'

'24-05-1998.'

'Okay... has he informed you of his medical history?'

'As far as I know he suffers from insomnia and sometimes anxiety.' Peter said. 'And he takes medication for those as we- wait.'

'What is it?' the doctor asked.

'He overslept this morning, which has never happened before because of his sleep disorder. And he left his Valium here.' Peter remembered.

'I see.' the doctor said. 'In that case, it is possible that his fever is a direct result of stress. He could have been triggered by something and forced himself to shut it out, so his stress lashed out on his body. It's not for sure though, please do check his friend to be sure, and be careful.'

______________________________________

Just as he was about to call Alexander, a call came in from the boy.

'Hey Peter, is Robin okay?'

'Not really, he has a fever.'

'Oh, really? He left his phone here by the way. He seemed to have been in a hurry. Is it bad?'

'It's quite high, and he's unconscious, but the doctor said it's still okay. However, how are you? Any symptoms?'

'No, not at all.' Alexander's voice sounded surprised. 'Actually, I feel pretty good today. Anyway, I will bring his phone over later this day, okay?'

'Sure. You sound rather stressed though.'

'Yes, I overslept.' Alexander said. 'Take good care of Robin, will ya? I know you will, but anyway, I'm leaving. Bye!'

__________________________________

Robin's position on the sofa seemed uncomfortable, so Peter carried him upstairs to lay him in his own bed. The double bed was probably handy since it had a nice backrest and David could take his afternoon nap next to him. After all, it was unlikely that this fever was contagious, now that even Alexander had no symptoms at all.

Peter was about to wake Robin up a bit to give him medicine, but David's tiny voice called out from his room, so he went to get the boy first. 'Good morning sweety.'

'Robin?' asked David, his voice even quieter than usual as he looked up at Peter with sleepy eyes.

'Robin is here.' Peter assured him. 'But he's sick, so daddy will take care of you today. Do you want to take care of Robin together?'

'Yes!' said the boy, sitting up and stretching his arms out towards his dad for him to pick him up, smiling brightly. For him it didn't matter whether Robin was able to take care of him or not, as long as he was here, it was fine.

___________________________________

Gosh, my thirteen-year-old brother is going out with some twelve-year-old girl who looks like she's fifteen and he's been rambling all the time while I was writing, fk annoying. He wants to take her on a date to Maccas. Good for him he still has a brother to tell him that it's closed bc of covid, because he could've embarassed himself there.

Dayum, I can barely believe that this is the same Park Jihoon as that from Wing. I mean:

Winghoon

Winghoon

VS

Jiho-lycrapimfreakedoutTHEDISRESPECT