30. Heartache

The darkness of mind soon consumes the heart and soul'.

The morning breeze was all around. He slowly moves away, watching her sleeping peacefully wrapped in a sheet.

The beauty of her purity made him feel weak. He leans back slowly, moving hairs away from her face, watching her breathing soundly. Her hair was spread around while she held onto the pillow and sheet against her, sleeping soundly. The light was flashing over her white skin, making her glow more. She looked peaceful and calm.

You are too pure for me, Elizabeth! You must go!!

Arawn grabbed the note from the drawer, took his pen out, and crafted the paper. He keeps it silently on the nightstand, grabbing his last night's shirt and t-shirt and wearing it. He grabbed his shoes and walked out of the room, closing the door and walking away.

Elizabeth wakes up on an empty bed, looking around. The bed was cold as ice and no sign of Arawn. She sits up on the bed, holding the sheets against her and looking around. The calmness of the weather and surrounding scared her like hell. She didn't want to lose him in any way. The morning was cloudy and dark around. It felt like a storm was about to hit hard on the city. For some reason, her heart sank when her eyes fell on the nightstand. There was a note with white lilies.

She removes the flowers and picks up the note, reading it out.

It was mistaking Elizabeth. I hope you didn't get me wrong. We had things clear and over.

- a. E. R

Her heart dropped a beat. She couldn't believe what she just read. She read it, again and again, getting tongue-tied. The feeling of guilt, heartbreak, use, and betrayal overwhelmed me quickly and hard. She wanted to cry hard, but she couldn't. It felt like her tears were drying.

I lost everything I had! My family, my baby, and finally my love too, she thought, sitting lifeless with so many hurt feelings brewing inside her.

Thinking of nothing, she got up, picked her dress, and wore it. The weather cools down with pitter-patter sounds outside echoing loudly. It started to rain violently.

Ares was angrily looking around at his men.

"You guys fucking didn't see her leaving?" he angrily roared, and they sacredly stood looking down. When he woke up in the morning, there wasn't any sign of Elizabeth.

"How could you all be so stupid to leave the mansion without security?" he was shouting again over them. He was scared at the thought of anything happening to her. The rain was heavy, and the weather was too bad. He didn't know when the last time the weather was like this.

He was about to yell again when the door opened, and he saw Elizabeth. It drenched her from up to down in the rain and her heels in her hands. The heels fell off her hands, and she looked up, watching her.

His eyes immediately went to her puffy eyes and nose, red with tears and sniffing. His heart sank seeing her devastation of her. He knew nothing but pulling on his coat and running to her and wrapping around her. She watched him silently while all this feeling overwhelmed her. She knew she wanted it out.

Without stating a word, he pulled her closer in his arms, trying to soothe her pain down when she clutches onto his shirt, crying hard. He held her closer, embracing her in a tight hug, hiding her face in his chest. Everyone slowly walked out except Zane and Noah, watching them.

"Get me towels!!" Ares asked in a heavy tone, pulling crying Elizabeth inside the house and closing the door.

"How can he be so cruel? He used me like a toy for his pleasure and left me." she cried, making him hold her closer.

"Shh, everything will be okay. Release it off." He rubbed her back while she cried, and Zane walked back with a fresh towel.

Grabbing one for her, he wraps it around her wet hair and another around her body. Noah lit up the fire at the fireplace, making it warm around. He moved her away from speaking.

"Go and get change. You will catch a cold and we must leave for Germany!" he stated, watching her looking down. She just slowly nods her head and got up, holding towels around her, and walked upstairs.

"Can you just kill Arawn Edward Rodriguez without thinking of him being my best friend?" Ares stated angrily, looking at Zane. Zane sighed and nodded no.

"We can't! After we kill him, Archer Edward Rodriguez will come for you and then you know who?" Zane stated and Ares just sighed and got up, walking away.

Elizabeth walked down in warm clothes, looking out at the rain, and Ares stood in front of her, getting her attention.

"Come, there is warm food and drink. You need to eat before we leave," he said, and she nods her head, walking along with him to the dining room.

She takes her seat down and Zaneserves her and took small bites, eating slowly and looking at the plates.

Rodriguez mansion

"what's with the weather today archer stated while Bella closed the last window and turned to look at Arawn.

"Close all the windows and door," Bella asked the maids and turned to walk away into the kitchen. Archer walks standing beside him.

"You, okay?" he asked, and he lands back on earth, shifting his head and looking at his father. Arawn slowly nods his head, making archer confused, but he let it go.

"Where were you last night? Did you sleep at the office?" He demanded again and Arawn sighs looking outside. Archer sighed and walked away to the kitchen, leaving him alone.

The feeling of being a culprit overwhelmed him. His every part was crying internally after seeing her crying last night. He tried his best to remove those pictures, but he couldn't. His heart ached for the cure.

Ares opened the door for her while she walked under an umbrella got inside the car, looking around. Several cars were standing in rows, one after another. She takes a seat comfortably, looking outside. Ares got inside from the other side, watching her lost and watching the rain.

"Is everyone in the car?" he asked Zane and he nods his head. Ares gave a green signal to the driver. The cars started to move while driving.

Tears slowly rolled down her cheeks, making them wet. She didn't know she was crying internally and externally. Her heart aches badly to get the desired one.

"You okay, Elizabeth?" Ares asked, and she nods her head, wiped her tears off, and closed her eyes, leaning on the seat and trying to sleep.

I need to forget him!! She thought when tears again roll down and Ares watched it and turns his head away, watching passing trees and bushes.