21. Bait

Ares was sitting along the Archer watching Xavier working on the tracker. There was silence and typing sound in the room. Ares looks, watching security standing all around them. We have to keep our hope and strength alive. You never know what is god testing you.

"The tracker of Ian's ring was last broken in Germany. I think he knew." Xavier looks at the two of them as he speaks.

"I have something else in mind. But it's kind of risky and I may be able to do it," Arcane speaks and Ares looks at him in confusion.

"Rebecca, the doctor could be the next target. She saved Arawn and Mr. Smith. Ian doesn't like someone ruining his work. So sooner or later he will contact her with a trick. We just have to turn that bait into our bait. I heard from a bodyguard someone was keeping his eyes on her mother. So, tonight can be the night he makes a move. I have already asked your man Zane to be there, along with our Xavier. So, I am gonna make my move." Arcane speaks and Ares sighed.

"The doctor makes a call to her mother every day and night. I kept a close eye on her for the past few days. What you are saying is genuine!" Ares expresses when Arcane cuts him off.

"I will look after it. Don't worry. I just want Elizabeth alive at any cost." Arcane get-ups walking away. Ares breathes, rubbing his hand against his face.

"I am not gonna pull a gun this time. I won't," He reminded himself and get up walking towards the edges and breathing fresh air.

Yatch, Next Day

Elizabeth was sprawling on the floor, trying to get hold of anything and rise, but nothing seemed to work. Dizziness, slow heart rate, weakness, and dehydration have taken up on her body as she tried to keep her eyes open. There was minor abdominal pain and her body movement was insignificant.

Elizabeth's hands got hold of something like a pole. She held it and supported her body to get up and rest against it. She was trying to breathe in and out, but everything was hard. The room was still dark and dusty. The only hope was rays passing through the small circle shape glass window.

'How many days have passed? I still don't know. I need to get out of here. Whoever it is, I won't let them succeed.' She determined, resting her head against the things and closing her eyes, breathing in and out.

It was like darkness consumed her senses and soon everything fades out and she falls on the floor.

Arawn slowly wakes up, opening his eyes, and watching his mother sitting beside him.

"Mom! Where is Elizabeth?" He asked in a rough, croaked voice, looking at her. Bella smiled and hold his hand and caress his head.

"She is at home. Your grandfather asked her to stay and rest. She was here the whole night while you were sleeping." Bella postulated and nodded his head, turning and looking another side. Rebecca was filling up the syringe with drugs and turns looking at him.

"You look great, Mr. Rodriguez. I can see the days when you will walk out of the hospital healthy and cheerful." He nods his head and Bella smiles. Rebecca injects him with the syringe, emptying the drug into his body. Arawn turns to look at the door when the door gets open and his father walks inside with Leo behind him.

"I got you fresh juice from home for both of you. Son! Sit up." Archer asks him and Leo leans on, pulling the bed into a sitting posture. Bella takes the juice out and pours it into the glass mug. She passed it to Archer and the Arawn.