8. Bliss

Sleepless Nights Bring Sleepy Mornings.

At Night

Elizabeth turns slowly, waking up from her sleep like a baby. The Arawn bedside was empty. She got up and sat on the bed, glancing around. He was nowhere. She got up and walked into the balcony finding it empty. She checked the bathroom, but he wasn't there. Taking a glance around, she walked down the stairs. She sees Arawn standing in the hall, taking over the call.

"Brian, handle it. I have to take Elizabeth somewhere tomorrow. And no calls today!" He says, hanging up and turning, finding Elizabeth standing.

"What are you doing here up so late?" He asked, looking at her.

"You weren't in the bed. I thought..." she looked down restlessly on thought him leaving her.

"That I left you!" He completed her sentence. He just smile inside. It was never any other woman except his mother who check did he slept or not.

"I am not leaving Liza. Come, Let's go," He says and picks her in his arms, walking upstairs.

"Why did you pick me up? I can walk," she says, looking at him.

He placed her on her and covered her properly with the duvet. Arawn lay beside her, facing her. She turned to face him without speaking.

"Uh... I heard from you. Please don't leave your work for me. I am fine," she says, looking at the bed. He moved closer, putting his hands on her waist, making her apprehensive.

"It's my choice. And I don't like interference in work," he says, closing his eyes and pulling her closer. She nervously put her hands on his chest laying there.

He was fast asleep while she was wide awake, watching. When she was assured he was fast asleep, she removed his hands and moved to her side, sleeping soundly.

Elizabeth was sitting silently, having her breakfast. Arawn sips his coffee, watching the news headlines on his tab. Brian was standing along with Xavier far, watching them. She anxiously ate her omelet and turned to him.

"Arawn!" she called to him. He looks at his tab, sipping his coffee, then looks at her.

"I want to work." She asked Nervously looking at him. She Hoping for no negative signs.

"Hmm, Okay. Do whatever you like between Brian will help you in this," he says and turn back to his Tab reading. She smiled wholeheartedly, looking at Brian. He smiled at her, nodding his head. Everyone told her that he was cold. He got up after finishing his breakfast and turned to Xavier.

"You will stay with Liza. Today there will be new staff recruitment inside Estate. Mr. Jasper will be here to look after her. Make sure you check him. I can't take any risk." He says and turned walking out with other security guards. Xavier turned to look at Elizabeth was still picking.

Turtle! He chuckle in his mind and looked at his boss.

"Ma'am, do you need anything else?" asked Xavier looking at her while she nods no smiling, and pulls out a chair for him.

"Come have breakfast with him. I know your boss is a jerk." She says while he smiles and takes his seat and the maids serve him.

"Between Ma'am, I don't think He is a jerk. In fact, He is very nice." Xavier says, making her laugh a little.

"He is boss. I know you won't talk badly. But he is a jerk. He still hasn't told me sorry for what he did, and I know you are the one who keeps him updated on my schedule and visit. I am not dumb," she says, eating her while taking him in shock.