S6E05

S6E05:

Doc and Addy had left 10K to try and coax Bailey from the bathroom, after he kept begging through the door to be let in there was a small click and the bathroom door opened a sliver but Bailey didn't come out. Instead 10K pushed open the door and went inside before closing it behind him again. He found Bailey sitting on the floor with her knees to her chest and her head resting on them so she was facing away from him. He wasn't really sure what to say so he just sat down on the floor next to her and gave her a minute. He gave himself a minute too, his mind still spinning over what Murphy had said. Judging by everyone else's reaction and the various glares they'd given Murphy what he said had been true but 10K still wanted to hear it from Bailey.

"Was what Murphy said true?" he asked after a moment of quiet, "Are you. . . ?"

She leaned back and looked at him and nodded. Her eyes were a little red and she had some wetness on her face.

"We're going to have. . . ?"

She nodded again and sniffled. He scooted closer and wrapped his arm around her bringing her closer to him and she leaned her head into his chest.

"I didn't want you to find out like that." She said so quietly he almost didn't hear her. He kissed the top of her head before resting his cheek on it and tightening his hold on her.

"How long have you known?"

"Just since yesterday." She admitted.

Well that made sense, he thought, that must have been the test she'd been talking about Red giving her. He thought it was a blood test or something like that, a pregnancy test never even crossed his mind.

"But we haven't even been –"

"When you first got here." She reminded him and he remembered when he'd gotten to Altura and found out she wasn't dead.

"Oh." Then the quiet took over for a bit again as he rubbed her arm and she snuggled into him resting her hand on his chest. "It's gonna be okay."

"What are we going to do?" she asked miserably.

He rubbed up and down her arm more, "We're going to have a baby, the rest we'll just figure out as we go along. We'll find a way, don't worry."

"It's not that simple though." She said moving so her head wasn't resting against him anymore and he felt a loss at the lack of contact. "We can't just go to the store and get baby food, formula and diapers anymore."

"Bailey, we'll find a way." He repeated leaning forward and resting one elbow on his bent knee, "You'll be here to feed the baby so we won't need formula, we can mash any vegetable and make our own baby food –"

"What about everything else though?" she asked getting up and pacing in the small space of the bathroom as she crossed her arms, "What if there's a complication while I'm pregnant? What if the baby ends up with some birth defect? We don't have surgeons or an ICU or the medicine or technology to fix any of that. What if something goes wrong?"

"Bailey, we'll find a –"

"Don't say 'way'!" she shouted stopping him.

He hesitated and stuttered, licking his lip before shrugging, "We'll find a. . . path?"

Bailey let out a long sigh and bent her head back to look at the ceiling. When she turned her head again she put her hands over her face collecting herself before she looked back at him. "What path? What way? Show me a solution, show me that way. If something happened tomorrow what would our plan be?"