S1E05: Part 2

10K POV

"We're not going to make it back!" He shouted to Cassandra over the wind, "Take shelter!"

"Run for the car!" She called and they headed for the nearest vehicle. He stopped when he saw the twister to his left coming at them at a fast speed. Cassandra opened the passenger side door and climbed into the driver's seat, he followed right behind her shutting the door before resting his rifle between his legs. They both turned to look out the back window as the tornado got closer. The car began to rock back and forth before it started to spin completely.

"Hang on." He said as the car kept moving and the wind kept howling. Then Cassandra's hand was gripping his thigh and the next time the car stopped moving he looked to her in a mix of shock and confusion before she pulled her hand away. Then the car jolted again and they both brought their hands to press against the roof as the car flipped and started rolling down the alley. Fortunately, when it stopped it was right side up and neither of them were harmed, the sky started to clear and they both climbed out the driver's side door since his side of the car was pressed against a building.  He reached in and got out his rifle before they turned to head back to Warren's house, they didn't move quickly, the sky in that direction was still dark and he just hoped the others were still okay too.

  He reached in and got out his rifle before they turned to head back to Warren's house, they didn't move quickly, the sky in that direction was still dark and he just hoped the others were still okay too

Bailey POV

The lights flickered and the house shook. Bailey could hear the windows upstairs getting slammed open by the wind and she prayed Warren was alright. When it stopped – after what seemed like an eternity – they all headed upstairs. Garnett was first out the door and found Warren under a flipped chair, scratched up a bit but still alive and okay. How she was okay Bailey had no clue, the entire house around her had been reduced to nothing but a pile of debris, splintered wood, bricks and broken furniture everywhere, even a screen door that Bailey swore belonged to another house laid among the wreckage.

"You're crazy, you know that right?" Addy asked giving Warren a hug.

"A little bit, yeah." She replied with a laugh.

"Man. . . if I see a munchkin, I'm gonna freak." Doc said sounding genuinely worried which Bailey laughed at.

"Don't worry Doc, we're not in Kansas yet." She laughed, "That's still a good two hundred fifty miles away." She joked and both of them started laughing as 10K and Cassandra wove through cars making their way back over to them. They decided to split the group between the truck and the fire truck that Garnett and Warren had gotten. Doc took Murphy while everyone else got on the fire truck. Garnett drove, with Warren riding shotgun. 10K and Cassandra were by the hose in the middle bay and Mack, Addy and Bailey rode on the back. They waved to Jane and Rick as they left hearing Citizen Z's voice come on over the radio.

"Survivor's of the world, hello. If you're hearing this, congrats. You're still alive. You are the baddest of the badasses. Fearing neither man nor twister nor living dead. My headset is off to you. Keep kicking some zombie ass and soon, we'll win this thing."