S2E09: Part 2

S2E09: Part 2

"It's them. Those are the voices." She said with an awed and happy tone, "They're here." she said then ran down the hall.

"Bernadette!" Warren shouted as they went after her.

"It's okay! They know me!" she called back.

"Get ready for anything." Warren said after they'd turned several corners and caught up with Bernadette.

"They're here. Just like they said." Bernadette said smiling at them before turning to a figure crouched on the ground further down the hall. "Aren't they beautiful?"

Beautiful was not the term Bailey would use at all. The . . . thing, had a large head and a long thin body, there was a tail maybe, or it could have been a tube from its armor that was along the floor behind it. Its fingers were long and skeletal and it had small bumps going down its spine. There was a mist too around it and down the hall that only creeped Bailey out further. 10K looked at it with an open mouth like he was shocked his uncle had been right, but even if he was impressed to see an alien he still kept his realism. That thing could hurt them, regardless of what Bernadette said. He moved his finger to the trigger of his rifle and his knuckles turned white as he clutched the weapon tighter.

"Stay behind me." He whispered to Bailey over his shoulder.

"No problem." She replied swallowing nervously and grabbing the furry tail that hung from his pocket so if he moved she'd be tugged along as she turned her gaze to the ground not wanting to look at the creature more than necessary. It slowly got up and stood to its full height twitching its limbs, Warren and the others cocked their guns but Bernadette stopped them.

"Wait. They won't hurt us." she said confidently but then Murphy spoke up.

"Wait." He said sternly and by the look in his eyes they could see he was picking up something on the thing in front of them. And if Murphy was picking up something then that meant whatever was in front of them had already died and turned Z. Great, Bailey thought with a shudder glad she was behind 10K, zombie aliens, like the regular Z's weren't enough.