S3E14

S3E14:

10K POV

They took two jeeps full of everything they might need and went off after Lucy and the Man. It was late afternoon when they left Murphy's compound and they didn't stop driving until late the next morning when Warren had to make some repairs to her jeep. While she was working Sun Mei had mentioned some parts of the car – mainly the battery - might be useful to get in contact with Kaya and get an update on Lucy's whereabouts. Citizen Z had stayed behind to help get the plane running again, he'd gotten news that Kaya was pregnant with his kid and was eager to get back to her. Warren took out her tools and started snapping wires and wrapping them around other wires and parts. Meanwhile, 10K stood next to the red jeep he'd been driving with Red standing beside him and 5K sitting on the hood.

"How you holding up?" Red asked bringing a hand to his chest.

"I'm tired. That's all." He said quietly leaning his elbows back on the jeep. He knew Red and the others were worried about him, after the Murphy bite, the vaccines, the cure and on top of all that losing Bailey he knew they were concerned for him but he pushed that aside knowing that Lucy had to come first. He remembered the Man as well as any of them and he hated to think of what Zona would do to a little girl. They heard Sun Mei start up the engine on the other car using the battery to power her radio when she was finished hooking it up.

"Operation Bitemark." He heard Kaya's voice through the static as they got a signal. "Your signal was received. Lieutenant Warren? Lieutenant Warren?"

"Copy you Kaya in the Sky-a. This is Operation Bitemark, over."

"Copy Lieutenant Warren. Locked on your signal. Northwest. Route 229."

"That's a roger on our location over."

"You need to change your course to intercept the Man. Taking Lucy to a new drop point. Intercepted a transmission from Zona with new coordinates. The Man's new heading. . . " then Kaya's voice was drowned out in static, it didn't make it easier to hear with Murphy's shouting.

"What are the new coordinates? Where is she? Where is Lucy?"

". . . degrees North, 122 degrees. . . copy?"

"No!" Murphy, Warren and Sun Mei all said at the same time.

"No, we did not copy." Warren said, "Can you repeat those coordinates? Repeat coordinates. Over."

"New coordinates. 48 degrees North, 122 degrees West. On an axis that's called Mount Casey. Repeat. Mount Casey."

"We copy you Northern Light. Mount Casey. Coordinates received."

"I've looked up the coordinates on satellite and I have no data on our NSA records. Once you're through the entry point, you're flying blind."

"Keep trying. Any word from CZ?"

"Negative. And it's been twelve hours."

"I'm sorry. We'll contact you when we get to Mount Casey, Northern Light. Bitemark out."

"Northern Light out."

As Warren, Sun Mei and Murphy planned their next move Red turned to him again. "When we get back on the road I think I should drive and you should rest."

"I got it." 10K said with a shrug trying to look reassuring but knew he still looked like hell, felt like it too. But the driving helped him keep his mind off everything, otherwise he'd be left with nothing but his thoughts and he had to stay focused on their mission. There would be time for everything else after they got Lucy.