S5E04: Part 2

S5E04: Part 2

In the awkwardness that followed as they got dressed he cleared his throat and mentioned how Sun Mei would be expecting him for his daily checkup. Bailey nodded as she fixed her hair running her fingers through it haphazardly and offered to walk him to the infirmary wing which he agreed to saying it'd be nice, but truthfully he didn't want to be left alone with his negative thoughts which, though they were gone now, he had a feeling they'd find a way to creep back in eventually.

"You know you can't just keep 'taking your mind off it' right?" Bailey asked him as they walked, "The only way to solve a problem is to face it."

He let out a long breath and leaned his head back, "Can't I at least try to ignore it?" he asked and she smiled at him.

"No."

It was silent for a bit after that until she asked, "Did I ever tell you about the signs I left you?"

He turned to her confused, "What signs?"

"After I left Spokane and you said you'd find a way to come after me." She clarified, "I left signs I was hoping you'd follow."

"What kind of signs?" he asked and she went on to tell him how she'd left numbers posted across the northern United States hoping he'd see them and know the meaning behind them.

"Oh yeah." He chuckled, "3,003 was a good one." He said remembering back to the cake and frosting covered zombie he and Doc had taken out.

They walked into Sun's lab and found Red there with her as they worked on a Talker to further Sun Mei's research. 10K had never seen the guy before but Bailey recognized him and leaned over to whisper in his ear.

"It's Mike. He lost his wife and little girl in the attack, and this is all that's left of him." She said as they looked at Mike. The lower part of his body had been destroyed and nothing below his waist remained. His face was pretty badly wounded too with cuts and bruises and the guy looked miserable. 10K couldn't help but look down at his wrist, he knew he should be grateful for what he still had but then his gaze fell on a tank resting on a counter not far from the door and he saw a severed hand floating in the blue liquid. Something inside him knew it was his hand and it felt like the universe was mocking him, at least Mike didn't have someone dangling his lost limbs in front of him like teasing a dog with a cookie. Bailey held the door open for Mike as he left and 10K stepped forward staring at his hand in the tank.

 Bailey held the door open for Mike as he left and 10K stepped forward staring at his hand in the tank