S1E13: Part 2

S1E13: Part 2

Bailey POV

After twisting and turning down a few more halls Bailey looked over her shoulder and saw 10K on the ground with Cassandra. He'd leaned her against the wall and she was looking much paler than she had before the decontamination room.

"Warren." Bailey called softly up ahead drawing the woman's attention to the others as they made their way back to them.

"Hey." Warren said as Bailey knelt by Cassandra who's eyes were now shut as 10K cupped her face in his hands. "Is she. . . "

"She's still alive." 10K replied to Warren's unspoken question. Bailey stood up and opened the closest door.

"Hey, there's a gurney in here." she said, "Looks like a storage closet."

Warren turned to 10K, "We have to leave her somewhere." She said and Bailey saw him clench his jaw in anger, "At least in here she's safe from anything that might come along."

10K didn't look at them but he nodded and picked Cassandra up again, her eyes fluttered as she woke up but she looked ready to go at any moment. 10K rested her on the gurney as the others filed in.

"What happened?" Cassandra asked.

"You can stay here and get some rest." Warren told her, "We'll come back for you." Then she reached in her pocket, "Look, I've been saving this special since New York." She said pulling out a bullet and loading it into her gun, "I want you to have it. Just in case." She said placing the gun in Cassandra's hand.

"Thank you Warren." Cassandra replied weakly then Doc stepped forward as Warren left looking on the verge of tears.

"You hang in there darlin'. We're gonna find you some antibiotics, and we're gonna get you straightened out in no time." then he left too leaving only Bailey and 10K there. He walked over to where Cassandra was laying and leaned over to hug her, she wrapped her arms around him and whispered something in his ear that Bailey couldn't make out. He pulled away and they just looked at each other for a moment before he sadly left the room. Cassandra then turned her head to Bailey who was still in the corner, she gave her a weak smile that Bailey couldn't return.

"Get over here." Cassandra said still smiling and holding an arm out. Bailey made her way over to her and leaned over to hug her like 10K had. Cassandra wrapped her arms around Bailey and held her tight for a few moments. Bailey heard her take a deep sigh and hugged her tighter not being able to stop the thought that it may be one of the last breaths Cassandra ever took. Cassandra rubbed her back comfortingly like she had when Addy had decided to leave them.

"I should be comforting you, not the other way around." Bailey muttered trying to hide the fact that her voice was getting thick with sadness as tears began to fill her eyes.

"You're going to be okay Bailey. And so am I." she said still rubbing her back, "I'm not afraid of dying, I thought about it a lot when we were trapped in the morgue." Bailey pulled back so she could look her friend in the eye, Bailey couldn't get over the fact that she was still smiling. "But I got to live, really live. I got my freedom back, I got away from Tobias, I got to make some really great friends. So if I'm going to die I'm just happy it's not being chewed on by a zombie."