S5E03: Part 2

S5E03: Part 2

10K POV

"Hey stop that van!" someone shouted and he and Sarge turned to see a white van driving full speed toward the main gate. 10K thought he saw a flash of red on the back –Murphy?

"He's not stopping." One of the guards posted over the gate said.

"He's gonna crash the gate." 10K noticed watching the van as it picked up more speed.

"Open it! Open the gate!" Colonel Keeler called.

"Go now!" Sarge shouted and they both made their way for the gate and tried to hastily undo the lock.

"Open fire!" the Colonel shouted and three guards started shooting.

"It's jammed!" Sarge said still trying to undo the lock.

"Forget it!" 10K shouted back at her as they ran for cover as the van sped past them and blew through the gate. They turned back, after it was clear, and ran through the gate with Warren and George who had just shown up.

"Dante! Wait!" George shouted watching the van drive off. "Stop! Why would he run?"

"What the hell is Murphy doing?" 10K asked.

"Defend the gates until someone gets here to fix it." Keeler shouted from his post above them. He and Sarge drew their guns and fired to keep the Z's that had been milling around the gate out of Altura, they'd already had enough problems today.

Bailey POV

She'd finally gotten through all the people that she could. The first responders and medics seemed to have it handled, though a lot of people were now either starving Talkers on their way to quarantine after Roman's order or in a great deal of pain as they were moved to stretchers and taken to rooms in the infirmary wing, though they were filling up fast. Bailey could feel her nerves fraying and knew if she stayed she'd probably have a breakdown and be more of a problem than any actual help. She left the injured to the trained medical team and left the building brushing off the grey dust that still clung to her green and white flannel trying to get rid of it and the memories from the past few hours. She tore apart what was left of her French braid that now resembled a rat's nest more then an actual hairstyle. She used the white scrunchie to tie her hair into a high ponytail just to keep it out of her face as she tried to convince herself that the hardness she felt in some of the strands wasn't the dried blood of the wounded and dead. As she was on her way back to her trailer she heard grunting but it wasn't like hungry Talkers or zombies. When she turned the corner she saw a man on the ground being kicked by a group of humans. When she got closer she saw the man was Leroy who was huddled on the ground trying to avoid the blows.

"Hey!" she shouted at the same time as someone else and she turned and saw George and Warren coming over from the other direction. Bailey and Warren each pulled a guy away while George pushed the third.