S2E04

S2E04:

They drove on and on down the same road Murphy had gone down with Cassandra and Wrecking Ball in the stolen Dodge Dart. The time to do nothing but think wasn't good for Bailey as her mind spun around opening that damn door and seeing Mack open his white eyes and start snarling. Addy was using the time better distracting herself by braiding Bailey's hair again, this time in a long single fishtail.

"Murphy isn't worth this." Bailey finally said, her frustrations getting the best of her. "Mack's life was worth more. All of our lives are worth more." She felt Addy pause in her braiding before she resumed again and Bailey saw Warren let out a long deep breath.

"But is saving the last of humanity worth it?" Warren asked keeping her voice calm and Bailey got the impression she'd probably thought these things before, but the chance of a cure always won out in her mind.

"If all survivors are like Murphy? No." Bailey responded and the coldness in her tone made Addy and Warren share a worried look. Then Warren looked out the rearview mirror and Bailey saw the corner of her mouth twitch, like a poker player who just drew the card that would win them millions.

"What about survivors like 10K?" she asked and Bailey's eyes snapped to Addy who had finished her braid and was suddenly very interested in the nothingness that passed out the window.

"Addy, you're dead." Bailey muttered under her breath and she could tell the red head was pretending not to have heard her. Then she turned and saw a wide smile on Warren's face.

"Why?" she asked clearly having heard Bailey's fake threat, "Addy didn't say anything." Bailey's face fell.

"Crap." she whispered looking at Warren, "Don't tell me it's that obvious?"

"To a woman? A little. To a man, well. . . men can be pretty clueless sometimes."

«»

They pulled up to a building that looked like a big white warehouse with smaller greenhouses around it all surrounded by high fences. Bailey followed Addy out the passenger's side door as everyone else jumped out of the truck. There was a guard behind the fence in a white shirt with a green marijuana leaf on it with a Z in the center. He had a beard like Doc's but his was darker and thicker.

"You guys harvesters here for the cure?" he asked.

"Yeah, that's right." Warren said, she just neglected to tell him that the cure they were after was blue and walking around.

"You're armed." He said sounding surprised.

"Uh, yeah." Addy said and Bailey could see her resisting the strong urge to say duh.

"Good." He said opening the gate and they walked in behind Warren, "Harvesters wait in the garage until you're called. The others inside will give you the rundown." He said as they passed him and made their way in.

"You think Murphy's here?" Addy asked Warren from beside Bailey as the guard closed the gate behind them too far away to hear.

"Yeah he's here, I can smell him." Warren said and Bailey shuddered at the thought of smelling Murphy.

"I think you're smelling the Z-weed." Doc said nodding across the facility to where men were loading huge packs of Z-weed into a van.

"Help me!" came a sudden shout, "Get it off!" They turned to see a woman crawling out of one of the greenhouses, she looked only a few years older than Addy and had blonde hair that was falling in her face from the scuffle, "Help me somebody!" she shouted again and they ran over and saw the woman covered in vines as a green skinned zombie pulled her by her ankle trying to make her it's meal, "Somebody help! Somebody help me! Somebody please! Get it off!"