S3E06: Part 1

S3E06: Part 1

Doc POV

He hated when they split up, it was worse when they didn't plan to. He'd somehow lost the others and was now wandering alone through a forest.

"Warren!" he shouted, another thing he hated, might as well be ringing the dinner bell for the zombies, "Warren! Addy! Anybody! Where'd everybody go? Hector! It's me Doc! Oh, come on guys! Sure, keep old Doc around when you need something stronger than a baby aspirin. But I take five minutes to take care of business and –"

"Doc!" he heard a shout and turned to see Bailey coming through the trees.

"Bailey!" he said smiling and holding out his arms. She rushed over and they hugged quickly, "Girl, it is good to see you! What were you thinking running off on us like that?" he said putting his hands on her shoulders. She smiled at his scolding, but he knew why, as odd as it sounded you didn't miss being yelled at by your parents until you didn't have them anymore.

"Sorry, Doc. I didn't mean to worry you guys."

"Well as long as you're okay." He said letting her go both of them still smiling.

"I'm not the only one who's okay." She said and he became confused. "10K's alive."

The confusion fell off his face as his eyebrows shot up into his forehead in surprise and he pointed a finger in her face, "Don't mess with me about this." He said calmly and she kept smiling.

"I wouldn't mess around when it comes to 10K's life, I found him. He was running from Murphy. We were together for a bit but got separated, I haven't been able to find him."

"I knew it!" he said, "I knew he wasn't dead! Oh that little cockroach really does survive anything."

"But he's hurt Doc, Murphy did a real number on him. We have to find him before anything else does."

They kept walking through the forest shouting for the others. They went on like that for a good half hour before they saw something move between the trees in a blur.

"Warren?" he asked. Then he heard a thump like a body dropping and turned around.

"Elvis?" he asked as a guitar was swung at his head.

"He's still standing."

"Hit him again – harder."

Then it all went black.

«»

"Oh man my head." he groaned when he came to again. The first thing he saw was a group of people in front of him staring at him, among them was Elvis next to a nurse who was smiling. He tried to move but his arms were held back, he looked down to see he'd been put in a strait jacket.

"Where am I?" he asked looking back at the people in front of him and the nurse stepped forward.

"Welcome. To the Serenity Falls Institution. . . for the Criminally Insane." She said in a voice that seemed far too kind.

Oh. . . shit.

"Wait a minute." He said struggling in the jacket and looking around, "Where's my friend?" he asked not seeing Bailey in any of the chairs that were arranged in a circle.

"Oh not to worry she's in our recovery room still . . . recuperating. Winona would you be a dear and go fetch her please?" the nurse asked and a girl with short choppy black hair and a black sweater left the room with her arms crossed. Then the others joined Doc each taking a seat in the circle as the nurse began some sort of therapy session.