S2E14: Part 2

S2E14: Part 2

Citizen Z POV

The sound of a computer beeping woke him up from his nap. He jumped up and immediately looked at his computer screen.

"Haha. Gotcha." He said reading the numbers and algorithms. "All right you clumsy bastard. Think you can just walk into my back door? Ha! Let's just follow your big ol' footprints right back to your house." He brought up a map of the world and let the computer run its diagnostic as lines formed across the map.

10K POV

The next morning they woke to a flash in their faces. They must have shifted sometime in the night because now Bailey was lying on her back, her head resting against her bag and 10K had his head resting on Bailey right over her heart listening to the steady beating, one of her hands was on the back of his neck and her fingers were in his hair. They both jolted up after the flash and found Addy with a polaroid camera aimed at them. It shot out the photo and she looked at it as it developed.

"Addy what the hell?" Bailey asked rubbing her eyes.

"Aww." She said looking at the picture, "You guys were just so cute, I couldn't resist."

She handed him the photo as he sat up and smiled as the image appeared, Bailey's reaction though was a bit different.

"Ew." She said hitting his hand away, "I look gross, get rid of it."

"No." he said.

"10K seriously, get rid of it."

He paused, "Make me."

She reached out trying to snatch it, but he was quicker and held it out of her reach, then she crawled over and tried to get it but he still held her back.

"Go for her ribs! Go for her ribs!" Addy encouraged and Bailey turned to her.

"You can't coach him, that's cheating." But it was too late 10K had reached for her ribs and flexed his fingers making Bailey squeal and jump. He dropped the photo and smiled.

"Oh I am so using that from now on." He said lunging for her and wrapping one arm around her waist and tickling her with the other. She squealed and laughed as she tried to break free of his hold but he was too strong for her, another flash went off but they paid it no mind.

"You're mean." Bailey whispered out of breath as he stopped tickling but didn't let go as they sat on the ground. "You're so mean." She accused looking over her shoulder at him.

"Then I'll just make it up to you." he whispered pulling her so her back was against his chest and he tilted her chin closer as he kissed her deep her hand coming up to cup his chin. Another flash went off and Bailey pulled away.

"Okay, you really need to stop that." She scolded Addy as she got up and the red head handed her the two pictures as she grabbed her bag off the ground. 10K smiled as he saw her put them in one of the zipper pockets where they couldn't get lost or ruined and he grabbed his picture off the ground and brushed the dirt off. He bent his leg and untied some of his shoelaces before putting the photo in his boot where it'd be safe. Then he tied up his laces again and got his rifle as the group packed up.

Bailey POV

They made it out of the Disneyland rubble and ended up in nothing but wide plains of tall grass and cell towers that didn't work anymore. The sun was hot as it beat down on them and Bailey was glad that she saw trees in the distance. Trees meant shade. She took the red bandana that 10K gave her and fixed it on her head to try and keep her sweat from running down her face though her bangs still stuck to her forehead as the rest of her hair that she'd left down stuck to the back of her neck.