S7E05

S7E05:

AN: I know to those from the area my description might be a bit off from the community now, but keep in mind this is eleven years into the apocalypse and to expand the community West Park had taken resources from surrounding buildings like the schools and other neighborhoods to add to their own. My idea was they began in West Park but were able to expand south to encompass the elementary school using the buildings in between for supplies for the walls as they tore them down.

I got all my information from Google and GoogleMaps so if anything is inaccurate, I apologize.

Inside the walls of West Park looked like an old mobile home community, there were rows of single floor long homes lined up neatly along the roads. Some had empty spaces where available lots had been. Some of the houses had people around them hanging up laundry or watching children play. The community must have been doing well for itself, 10K noticed, as some mobile homes had already been converted into permanent housing. One building was a few stories high and looked like it had started off as mobile homes smushed together and added to with additional materials. It looked like it could house apartments, similar to what they had built in Altura, only West Park seemed to be years ahead of them. Other homes looked like they were used for storage judging by the people walking out every so often with boxes of supplies or food. Some were even piling things on the porches and counting them out like Bailey did back home. Other houses looked like they were being torn apart by crews of people who were taking the wood and metal to build other buildings that better suited the community's needs. There were some factory looking buildings deeper in the community past the rows of mobile homes, that were made of brick or steel and were only one story high and surrounded by old parking lots. Around one building old cars were being worked on, while another building was collecting scrap metal that had been found probably by their supply teams.

A larger brick and steel building seemed to tower over the other houses and put everything in a cold shadow. That was the building where he and Addy were brought, it looked like it had once been a school and as they were brought closer to it many of the survivors there glared at them as they passed. They definitely weren't welcoming of new citizens like Newmerica was.

Inside the old school the building looked very industrial with long tube lights along the ceiling and shadows in every corner. He was pulled along by his elbow while his hand and antler where still tied together behind his back. He and Addy were brought to one office room on the first floor of the building where a woman sat alone at a desk. She had short blonde hair that had been slicked back along her head and ended at the nape of her neck, she wore a tight black top under a sleek leather jacket with tight pants and knee-high black boots. She looked up from rolls of maps and stared blankly at them when they were brought in.

"Well?" she asked and the woman holding Addy spoke.

"We found them a few miles north of here, heading south."

The blonde woman looked between him and Addy for a long moment, her sharp eyes taking in every detail of them.

"And?" she asked.

Then the man holding him answered, "Neither one has said anything."

The blonde rolled her eyes, "Typical." She said with a shake of her head, "Take them to the same place we kept the others."

He looked at Addy and they both were thinking the same thing. These people had taken more captives and given that their leader used the past tense told them that the prisoners didn't stay here long, which was not a good thing for them.

"Look, we don't want any trouble –" Addy began only to get backhanded by the woman holding her. The blonde only sat back down at her desk and looked at the maps waving her hand away as they were pulled out of the office and back down the halls. They were roughly shoved down a few flights of concrete steps until they walked into an old storage room. There were still some boxes and long pipes leaning in the corners of the small space and in the middle were a couple of chairs with dried blood stains on them. The girl sat Addy down and zip tied her hands to the back legs of the chair while the guy took 10K and did the same only he used a bit of rope to tie his right forearm down in case the antler came loose. They kept the chairs back to back so Addy and 10K couldn't see each other, then they left. Thankfully they left the only light on, a small light bulb hanging from the ceiling.