Chapter 21

Zeff heads back and get questioned by the chef's.

"We are just worried that once the Krieg pirates have regained their strength, they'll come and take over the Baratie."

"I am not worried at all, they'll only do it if they have the guts." Zeff replied.

Zeff starts mocking Don Krieg and his inability to get through the grand line. The chef's are shocked by this, wondering why he never made it through the grand line.

Don Krieg states, "You are the great pirate Zeff known as Zeff the Red Leg. You're alive."

Zeff exclaims, "It's not your concern. I'm now living my life as a cook."

Krieg laughs at his answer and starts to lock him, "You'd rather be a cook than a pirate?"

"It was the only thing I could do since I lost my leg." Zeff states.

"The famous, Zeff the Red Leg, was an expert at fighting without his hands." Krieg says.

Zeff remembers a time where he once kicked a boulder and leaves a foot print in iron.

Krieg further explains, "You got the nickname Red Leg, form your leg being dyed red, gin the blood of your enemies."

"I heard rumours about you having an accident while sailing. Loosing your leg means that you can no longer fight."

Zeff says, "I do not need to battle. I don not need my feet to cook, only my hands."

Zeff asks Krieg, "What are your intentions?"

Krieg replies, "You, Zeff the Red Leg, is one of the few people who came back from the grand line."

This statements shocks the chef's. He then asks, "Did you keep a journal of your voyage in the grand line?"

Luffy is amazed by this and asks Zeff, "Have you been to the grand line?"

To which he replies, "Yes I have been there."

"I wrote everything down of the voyage in a journal." Zeff further says.

"I refuse to give it up." Zeff also states, this makes Krieg mad.

Zeff explains, "That journal is not just mine, it's the pride of my entire crew."

"Its far too valuable for you." Zeff mocks him.

Krieg plans to seize the journal from him saying, "I failed to pass through the grand line due to my lack of knowledge."

"Once I have the journal I will assemble another pirate fleet and obtain the one piece to become the pirate king."

After his statement Luffy points at him and states, "I am the one who will become the pirate king."

Not only are the chef's shocked at Luffy, Sanji is as well.

Patty tells him, "Gets out. You are no match for him." Luffy refuses too.

Luffy states, "I will be the one going to the grand line."

This makes Don Krieg angry, furious Krieg reveals, "My entire fleet was defeated in a week."

Shocking Patty and Carne. Krieg draws out his weapon, placing it on his shoulders and prepares to kill Luffy. Luffy also prepares to fight.

Don Krieg is looking at Zeff, While Zoro and Usopp are on the ladder. 

Zoro asks, "Do you need any help Luffy?" 

While Usopp is trembling in fear and a little girl who is hiding so no one gets mad at her for coming.

Everyone diverts their attention to them, Zoro hitting Usopp for refusing to help Luffy.

"Hahaha is that all in your crew?" Krieg laughs as he mocks Luffy.

Luffy proudly states, "There is three more in my crew."

Krieg withdraws his weapons and heads back to feed his crew, not before saying.

"You should leave if you value your lives. I'm only after the journal and ship."

At the Going Merry, Yosaku and Jonny are peeking at the restaurant ship and wonder why it is so silent.

The look at Nami and see that she is gazing at a wanted poster. Jonny asks, "Hey Nami, is it ok if we check things out?"

They receive no response from her at all. Yosaku falls along with Jonny, both wondering why she is still staring at the poster.

Gin is apologising to the chef's. Zeff rejects his apology, "We are chef's and must feed everybody that comes through those doors."

"Why are you siding with Sanji?" Patty says while arguing with Zeff.

All the other chef's start blaming Sanji, making Zeff mad.

Zeff asks them, "Have you ever experienced what it's like starving to death?"

"It's the experience that make Sanji different than you."

Zeff asks them, "Leave the Baratie." They reply, "No, we will fight alongside you."

The chef's raise their weapons in preparation for the fight thats bound to come.

Gin warns them about his captains strength. Something perhaps that they didn't know.

Sanji tells Gin, "Out duty as chef's are done. I don't have any right to argue as to whatever happens to his crew."

Sanji also states, "I will kill anyone who tries to take the Baratie even you." 

Gin is frightened by Sanji, while Patty and Sanji start arguing again. Y/n peeks out from behind her hiding spot, catching Zoro's attention.

"Y/n why'd you follow us?" Zoro said slightly angry at the girl.

Luffy looks towards the girl as she walks towards them with her head down.

"I wanted to stay, so I followed you and Usopp." Y/n explains.

Luffy looks down at the girl, "Y/n its dangerous you can't be here."

"I'm sorry Luffy."

Luffy points to Sanji and says, "He is our new cook."

Usopp says, "I want to leave the Baratie." Zoro tries to calm him down again.

Luffy asks Gin, "Whats it like on the grand line?"

Gin explains, "We were sailing the grand line and saw a raft shaped like a coffin, only one person was on it and he wiped out our entire fleet."

His statement shocks everyone. While Krieg is climbing their ship.

Gin describes the man, "He had a big cross strapped to his back and his eyes, his eyes were like a hawks."

This shocks Zoro who then asks, "Was it Hawk-Eyes? Thats something he would do."

Luffy then asks Zoro, "Do you know him?"

Zoro calmly replies, "He's the one I was searching for."

Sanji tells Gin, "He might have a grudge against your crew." Gin shacks his head no.

Zeff mutters, "You must have disturbed his nap." This makes Gin angry.

He also adds, "These things happen on the grand line."

Scaring Usopp but exciting Luffy. 

Zoro confirms, "The grand line is now where I will find him."

Zeff smiles at them.

Luffy and his crew head back to the ship, where they see Yosaku and Jonny floating and the ship gone.

"Where's Nami?" Luffy asks.

"Nami left with the Going Merry and all the treasure." They reply.

Y/n looks and sees Hawk-Eyes, so does Zeff whom it surprises.

Krieg comments, "He must've followed us, even in the east blue."

Zoro is grinning, trembling with excitement at the chance to fight him.