(4) V I L L A

By the time they landed in Italy, sun was starting to set. Fear started to plague Eleanora's mind. She wanted to scream, she wanted to cry but her other emotions were numb. Her fingers were hurting now due to her clenching them hard throughout the whole time.

William who was sitting on the other corner, stood up as he took a glimpse of the door opening. His cold eyes one time glanced in her direction. Her eyes already fixed at him, alert evident in those gray orbs.

He started walking out without a word and Nora with shaky legs tried to keep up with him. They walked down the steps and William could feel her eyes and steps following his back.

There were men, some associates and other the bodyguards of their family, waiting for them. They were all dressed in black suits. Nora avoided making eye contact with any of them.

She stumbled slightly as William's tall frame led her towards the one of limousine standing there.

William himself opened the door for her and without a word, she slid in. He followed her in and the guards shut the door. He sat far from her on the other side of the limo.

Nora clenched her hands in tight fists to calm herself down and looked outside and saw they were driving towards countryside.

Without even her mind's permission, a lone tear rolled down her cheek. William with a glass of red wine in his hand, watched the tear sliding down her cheek.

"You cry too much." He stated and took a sip of his wine.

Eleanora ignored his words. Her heart clenched at his rudeness. She knew he was stating the truth but the way he slapped it on her face and kind of mocked her, only hurt her more.

Was he accepting her to be happy? He killed her mother. He took her forcibly away from her father. In some matter of days, he ruined her life completely and why did he done that? The reason, the answer was still unknown to her. He didn't even bothered to give her any explanation. The voices in her head were laughing at her. What did she even do to deserve all of this? Now how could she not shed a tear out at her own misery?

William didn't said anything else but started making some business calls.

Nora's mind was engulfed with the memories of her mother. She regretted the way how she ignored her from the past few years. The bittersweet memories only made her realize that how selfish she actually was. If she would have opened up to her mother in the hard times, Acacia would be alive today and they would be living happily.

She took a shaky breath in when her mind sudden clouded with the familiar dark memories. That haunting night that ruined everything.

She was so lost in thought that she didn't even realized that they reached her unknown destination.

She hesitantly stepped outside. Her eyes made contact with a beautiful villa in front of her. It was standing proudly in front of her.

William reached near the front door. He didn't even bothered to see if she was following him or not.

Nora cursed inwardly at her cruel fate and followed his steps. Her eyes darted around her surroundings. There were guards standing almost at every corner.

Two of them who were standing at the front door pushed open the doors.

Nora hesitated a little, something inside her told her if she step inside here today, she will be trapped forever.

William's steps paused and he looked at her. He stared at her up and down, judging her movements. He could tell that she was panicking. Her face showed pure fear. Tears brimming eyes and shaking hands showed that she was beyond terrified.