(13) C U L P R I T

"WHO THE FUCK DID THIS?!" Damon yelled at the maids and servants. It was found out that the juice Nora drank was poisoned. It was strong and deadly but it didn't harm Nora much because only a very small amount entered her system. If she drank the entire glass, she would have died on the spot. Right now, she was unconscious but her numb brain was waking up slowly.

"Calm down Damon!" Lucifer patted his younger brother's shoulder.

"Damon! I can help you. I know who did that!" Rosetta came forward in front of them.

Lucifer rolled his eyes whereas Damon ignored her.

"Hey. Don't be like that. Now don't start accusing me or something but I confess that I don't like your sister at all. That's why as soon as she entered inside the dining hall, I was glaring at her and observing her movements!"

Damon stared at her blankly.

"She didn't eat anything but only drank the juice." She clarified.

"We already know. So do not waste our time, Rosetta and get the fuck out of here before I pluck your eyes out with my knife!" Damon threatened her in his smooth and calm tone.

"I am not just saying this! Your sister's personal maids- Serenity and Serena prepare her meals and everything."

"And?" Alexander's voice reached their ears. He was listening to their conversation by standing at the end of stairs and Lana clinging to his arm.

Rosetta gulped.

"It must be of their doi--"

"Shut the fuck up! They are Eli's daughters and he is the most loyal and trusted person serving for our family from the last 30 years." Damon growled.

"Speak Rosetta!" William's voice reached their ears.

"William! You always say that in Crimson family, you don't even trust your own shadow. So how can your brother trust those girls? For a second, I may consider that Eli is loyal but his daughters could be a back stabbing bitches with zero guarantee of loyalty. They could be power hungry. It all happened under their watch because they prepare Eleanora's meal and they deserve at least a punishment for this mistake even if they have nothing to do with this!"

William blankly stared at her determined face. Alexander took it as his opportunity to speak.

"Rosetta is right! Even if they haven't committed this crime, they still deserve to be punished because it all happened under their watch! The real culprit will be killed on the spot whenever he would be find." He concluded.

He further instructed the guards to take Serenity and Serena to dungeons. Their punishment will be decided tomorrow.

Eli's heart ached when his daughters innocent screams reached his ears that they were innocent but he placed a heavy rock on his heart and watched them emotionlessly being dragged towards the dungeons.

Nora woke up early morning next day and her new maid informed her about everything. She was shocked to hear all of this.

Her heart told her that the girls were innocent but a dark part of her mind never believed their innocence. She could only see her life on the edge of dying. She was afraid of dying.

Damon and Angel was the only one who came to meet her. She was feeling exhausted but was better than yesterday night.

It was Alexander's order that Nora watch them getting punished. Elijah guided her inside the cellars but this one was different from last time. It reeked of blood and death.

On her way, she saw prisoners getting tortured and her heart dropped.

"What the hell is she doing here?" Vincent was the first one who saw her entering inside.

"It was my order! She deserves to see their punishment!" Alexander stated with Lana clinging to his arm like a leech and watching everything with interest as a source of entertainment.

"Fucking no father! She doesn't deserve to watch this. She is just a little girl!" Hunter grumbled under his breath. Twins Hades and Angel also agreed silently.

"No one and I mean no one will defy me!" Alexander glared at Hunter and Hunter responded back with the same fire and anger in his eyes.

"Fucking old man!"

Alexander ignored him as his attention moved towards William who entered inside with Damon and Lucifer on his sides.

He glanced at Nora but didn't said anything.

Alexander yelled at the guards to bring Serenity and Serena.

Nora's heart clenched as they were forcefully pulled inside. Their faces pale as white sheets with the amount of fear. The guards bound their wrists together to the ceiling. Alexander was the one to decide 30 hits with a whip as a punishment.

The guard who was assigned to punish them grabbed the whip with spikes all over it.

Nora unconsciously took a step back and hid behind the first person's back and tall frame who happened to be Lucifer.

This time Lucifer let her.

Serenity was depressed and quiet. Her whole body was shaking in fear but Serena was begging for mercy. She was begging for her and her sister.

Nora felt like someone was squeezing her heart again and again. As the guard roughly hit the whip on ground to quiet Serena's screams, Nora suddenly found questioning herself.

When did she became a monster?

When did she become so heartless that she was ready to watch someone in the pain? She did hurt her mother emotionally in past by ignoring her and Nora didn't even deserved a chance to apologize to her.

She couldn't be so selfish again! If someone else came out as the culprit, would Serena and Serenity will forgive her by enduring such harsh and physical pain?

She watched with teary eyes as the guard brought the whip up in air. As he was about to hit it across Serena's back mercilessly, Nora screamed.

"STOP!"

His hand stopped in mid way.