Chapter 28

Warning:- Mention of violence!

Stood in front of Lucifer was Ajax, holding Nora with a tight grip on her hair. She cried out as he roughly tugged her hair, chuckling  maniacally.

Before Lucifer could even move, Ajax's head snapped up at him. With a twisted grin on his face, he pushed a dagger on her slender neck making Lucifer freeze.

Nora could only gasp out loudly as in a blink, Ajax had slit her throat.

As a loud thud echoed in the hall, Lucifer could only stare with blank eyes. Her body was shaking and numerous tears were pouring down her face but Lucifer could only stare at her helpless struggles to breathe, emotionlessly.

Her eyes made contact with Lucifer as she let out choked gasps. Her trembling hand slowly reached out for him.

But halfway through, her struggles to breathe ceased. Her hand fell down on the floor limply and her eyes closed.

In a flash, Ajax barely noticed when he was thrown down on the floor with Lucifer on top of him, punching him ruthlessly.

He tried to stab Lucifer by his dagger but Lucifer sent another harsh punch right through, breaking the weapon into pieces.

Somewhere between those deadly serious punches, Ajax lost consciousness.

Lucifer roared and grabbed his neck again, lifting his head up before releasing forcefully. Ajax's skull hit the floor so roughly that a small crack appeared on the floor and blood rolled down his bashed head.

He left him in death like state and crawled to Nora, his whole body shaking.

Grabbing her in his arms, he gently picked her up from the floor and sat her down on his lap as tears fell down his eyes.

She was not breathing.

Her heart was not beating anymore.

Holding her in his arms, he wept loudly, cursing at each and everything.

Suddenly through the open front door, footsteps rushed in.

Damon was standing at the entrance, watching the blood covered and tears-stained living room where his brother held their sister.

His fists clenched tightly and his eyes darkened in rage but he took a single deep breath as his eyes momentarily made contact with Ajax who laid dead at a distance.

Rushing towards his siblings, he crouched down in front of Lucifer who was crying silently and hugging Nora tightly.

Damon's eyes got teary too but he controlled his emotions. Gripping her wrist in his fingers, he tried to hear her pulse.

Moments went by and he felt nothing.

"C'mon....You can't leave us yet." Damon whispered, speaking openly.

Lucifer heard him but did not react. He wanted to be surprised hearing him using his voice after so many years even though he could speak well and clear but Lucifer could not. He could not feel a single damn emotion.

Suddenly Damon felt a small beat of her pulse.

"She's alive." He said softly with his deep voice.

Lucifer stilled for a moment. He let Damon take Nora in his arms who started to head upstairs in medic hall where he would treat her wound.

Lucifer sat on his place frozen and processing Damon's words in his brain. A lone tear rolled down his cheek that he furiously wiped away and stood up.

"Glad that it wasn't Hunter seeing me like this." Lucifer cringed at his own tone. He sounded so weak.

'She will live. It's a relief.' He thought and glanced down at Ajax with a look of contempt on his face.

"Wish you were alive, so I could fucking kill you over and over again, dumb-bitch!"