(11) HEARTBROKEN

Eleanora was sitting on her balcony window and staring at the stars covered sky above her. She was so lost in thought that she didn't even heard the sound of door opening and someone stepping inside.

He crept behind her and placed his hand on her shoulder.

Startled, she looked behind to see Damon standing there.

"It's almost 1'O clock. Why are you not sleeping yet?" He asked.

Nora didn't replied but tried to remove his hand from her shoulder.

His eyes darkened when she did so.

"Tell me the one good reason of this behavior of yours! Shall I lock you in the cell again to get you to speak?" He asked darkly.

Nora flinched at the memory.

"P-please stop." She whispered finally pulling herself together.

"I just want to help you, Nora! Just tell me what is the problem?! I will help you." He promised.

Nora whimpered and created some distance between them.

"Y-y-you w-won't u-understand. N-no o-one c-can help m-me.." A small sob escaped her lips.

"If you w-want to h-help me t-that b-bad, so please I beg you t-that you t-take me b-back to my o-old life. T-to my f-father. I-I don't want t-to be here. W-what d-did I ever d-do to d-deserve this l-life?! N-no one l-likes me here. E-everyone h-hates me. L-let me live in p-peace p-please." She stammered.

Damon stared at her crying face with a unfazed look on his own.

"The quick you learn to accept us is better!" He stated and walked out from her door but not before slamming the door shut.

Nora broke down more in tears feeling her heart breaking pieces by pieces.

"Please D-daddy! Please keep your promise and s-save your little a-angel from this world." She cried for her father. She cried for her dead mother and in the end, she cried for her broken soul.

She cried for that every moment, her heart was torn apart from her chest and in last she felt herself getting lost in the darkness.

NEXT DAY**

Serenity and Serena dolled her up in that beautiful dress and by curling her hair. They applied a little amount of foundation on her pale skin to cover the dark circles around her eyes.

Under Elijah's guidance, Nora walked down the grand staircase that was covered with a red carpet. She heard the voice of William, he was announcing something.

Nora paid attention clearly when she was under the spotlight as suddenly several heads turned in her direction and the unashamed staring of the guests made her skin crawl in fear.

She tried hard to not to stumble in her heels. Angel stared at her face blankly. She suddenly looked like she was ready to pass out. As she came down the last step, he took it as a opportunity and made his way towards her. He grabbed her shaking hand in his and squeezed it gently.

"Calm down. Relax." His gentle whisper eased her nerves a little but she was still on alert. She carefully avoided those power hungry and glaring hatred eyes of the guests and fixed her own gaze to the ground below feeling her anxiety on the edge.

Nora stayed there in the corner, remaining unseen from everyone's eyes. Serenity and Serena stayed by her side throughout the whole time.

Nobody really bothered to approach their small group but however it changed.

"Oh God! Why the bitch is coming here?" Serena cursed under her breath.

Nora gave her a small confused look and followed her vision line.

A women dressed in expensive but pretty small dress moved towards them. Nora swallowed the invincible rocks down her throat when she smiled widely at her.

Her smile just didn't felt right!

"Oh hii Eleanora!" Her voice was smooth like honey but coated with extra sugar.

Nora winced inwardly but gave her a small fake smile in return.

"I can't believe that you are William and brothers' sister. I mean I and William are dating from almost the full year but he never mentioned about you! So I just wanted to ask you, from where do you suddenly pop out here?"

Nora didn't replied but looked towards Serenity and Serena helplessly.

"What? What are you looking at them? I am asking you something!" She raised her brow.

Nora felt her breathing being quickened. She lacked at the words like usual.

"Are you fucking ignoring me? Do you even know who I am little gi--"

"Eleanora must don't know who are you but you do clearly know who she is!" Nora's eyes snapped towards Hades face upon hearing his voice.

That girl gave Hades another one of her sickly sweet smile.

"Who don't know me, Hades?! I am Rosetta! Rosetta Evans, the highest paid fashion model of this country." Rosetta smacked her lips at what sounded like proud sentence.

"Little Sister! Could you please tell if you have heard her name before? And answer verbally please." Angel joined the conversation and bluntly asked Nora.

As per his assumption, Nora shook her head in negative and whispered a small 'no'.

Rosetta fumed in anger whereas Twins snorted in amusement.

"You heard her right? Now pick your fake ass and remaining dignity up and walk out from here." Angel smiled.

Nora bit her lip to stop herself smiling at her angry expression.

Even Serena couldn't control her small giggle in.

Rosetta's head snapped up in her direction and she glared at her.

"WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING AT, BITCH?" She yelled at Serena.

Serena flinched.

"Don't yell. She has every right to laugh at a moron like you!" Hades shrugged.

"William would not be happy after hearing that!" She hissed last time and stomped out of there.

William called Eleanora and introduced her personally to their family friends. Nora avoided speaking as much as she could. Because their questions were only related to her past and her dead mother.

Elijah whispered something in William's ear secretly and they both made their way upstairs with Hunter and Lucifer following behind them.

Nora remained standing closure to Vincent unsure to move as he talked to the guests.

Suddenly the lights turned off.

Vincent's reaction was quick as he grabbed Nora's arm and pulled her closer to himself protectively.

The murmurs of the crowd stopped at the sudden as the loud sounds of footsteps reached their ears.

A throat clearing sound was heard and the lights were turned on in next second.

Vincent's hold around her arm unconsciously tightened. She looked at him confused and then followed his vision line that remained fixed on a one person, amidst of the crowd.

His eyes made contact with Nora's for a short moment, his eyes showed amusement or something more darker as he stared in her identical ones as his own. Hades said a word that made Nora's heart drop.

"Father!"