Are we ready?

"Happy married life da machannnn....." Ashwin wished the newly wed couple - Pugazh and Shruti...

"Thanks da Maplai" Pugazh hugged Ashwin with a few pats on the back...

"Thangachi vanthutaala da? Drive pannitu varen nu sonna.... aana function paadhi mudiya poguthu aalayee kaanom...." Pugazh asked looking for Sivaangi....

"Pugazhuuuu.... Thangam eppavoooo vandhuduchu.... Anga paaru.... Kolandhainga kooda water balloon velayaduraaaa...." Rakshan, who had just got on the stage told....

Ashwin, who was also looking for her looked behind to find her.... 'Sareee!' Ashwin breathed in looking at her in one of his most favourite outfits that he loved to see a girl in....

Ashwin has indeed seen her in a saree.... in the mandap beside him.... But this one.... satin saree with a beautifully designed blouse.... Had all elements to drive him crazy....

"Machan.... Papa ku saapda edhachu vaangi thandutu varen.... Oru 10 minutes...." Rakshan said as he carried his little doll....

"Seri da...." Ashwin said....

He talked to the bride and that was when the attention of both the guys were grabbed by the sudden shriek....
Ashwin jerked to the sound as he turned around to find Sivaangi completely drenched in water....

"Kutty.... Enna ipdi pannitaaaaa?" Sivaangi slithered off the water that completely wet her saree....

Ashwin chuckled on hearing Pugazh break into a laugh...

Sivaangi saw the boys on stage and twisted her lips with a pout....
"Machan.... Papa VA veetuku alachitu poriyaaaa? Vera edachu change pannikatum.... Illati joram vandhuda pogudhu....." Pugazh placed his palm flat on Ashwin's shoulders....

"Haan okay da.... Naan poi enna nu paathutu varen.... Nee kavala padama enjoy pannu...." Ashwin said biding a bye to the newly wed couple....

He walked down the stairs to the pathway.... Where Sivaangi stood....

"VA ma.... Kelambalam...." Ashwin said looking down while his hands checked his pocket for the car keys after having corrected his shirt....

"Naan Yen varanum?" Sivaangi asked squeezing the water off her fully drenched pallu.... Her face which was full of emotions became lifeless and poker faced....

Ashwin sighed as he felt a thousand pins poke his heart....
"You will fall sick Sivaangi...." Ashwin said pulling out his concerned side.... More of a patient answer....

"Adhellam it'll dry out in minutes.... Neenga onnum kavala padadheenga...." Sivaangi said walking away....

Ashwin knew the mistake was on his side but her adamant side really did piss him off...
"Don't do this Sivaangi.... You're playing with your health and you know I don't like you being so careless" Ashwin said holding on to her wrist....

"Oh.... Now you're putting useless blames on me?
You know what? I'd better get sick then talking to you...." Sivaangi pulled her wrist off his grip....

Ashwin held her wrist tighter as he pulled her out of the hall....
"Enna vidungaaaa Ashwin...." Sivaangi tried breaking his grip....

"Aahhh...." Her painful voice broke him out as he turned to find her eyes wet....

Ashwin immediately left her hand and took a few steps back in guilt....
"Sorry...." Ashwin tried to apologise to be stopped by her palm placed right in front of his face....

She walked passed him.... Wiping away her tears as he walked behind her after having sighed....

"Seatbelt podu...." Ashwin said as he switched the engine on....
On not feeling the slightest movement from her side, Ashwin, controlling the erupting angry man in him.... turned around and leaned over her to pull the seatbelt ....
She caught it mid way and snatched it....
"Ennaku poda theriyum.... I'm not a kid...." Sivaangi snapped at him....

Ashwin banged the steering wheel.... And started the car...

The car  ride went on silently.... Their house was 30 minutes away....

"Ma.... Listen... I'm sorry...." Ashwin started....
"Apapa.... Unga sorry lam neengale vechikonga.... Who wants your emotionless and meaningless sorry?" Sivaangi again snapped....

"Naan ennavo unna torture panra madhiriyeeee behave panna vendiyadhu....."Ashwin accelerated the car....

His heart stopped when he heard her weeping....

"Ma ma ma.... En ma Azharaaaa?" Ashwin pulled the car over near a tree....

"Nee enna torture panra Ashwin.... Romba panra...." She said wiping off her falling tears....

"Ma.... Pleaseeee.... Naan venumne andha vishayatha thalli podrena.... Adhuku oru reason irukum la...." Ashwin said as he took her right hand into his left.... He interlocked their fingers...

" Ashwiney.... Unnaku adhoda kashtam lam puriyadhu.... You be in my place... you would know what I'm feeling right now....
Tharunya oda papa... Tara.... Avala paakumodhu lam Evlo aasaya irukum theriyuma? Nammakum oru paapa porakkum.... Paaka cute ah enna madhiri and character Apde unna madhiri.... Oru chinna nuclear family.... Namma and namma kutties...." Sivaangi said trembling with overflowing emotions and tears....

Ashwin's eyebrows bent in concern as he felt his eyes let out tears too....
He turned around in his seat to face her....

"Ennaku mattum aasai illanu nenakriyaaaa ma? Naan 90s kid.... Ivalo naal nammaku lam family irukadha? Wife... pasanga.... Peran pethi... Idhellam ennakum irukanum nu aasai....

But..." he looked up at her....
"Nee ennaku ellatha vida mukhiyam.... En dream la Vandha life illa idhu....
The magic we have is way better....
The moment I met you felt different.... Nee enna paathukura madhiri vera yaarume enna paathukitadhu illa and nee en kooda irukum bodhu.... I feel responsible....

I feel like a dad.... I love caring for you.... Fulfilling your littlest wishes... having teeny fights with you and patching up like nothing happened.... This gives me the bestest of all feel....

Apram... Akshu ku Aishu porandhapoooo.... Andha vali.... Ava thaanguna vali.... Che naragam ma...."
Ashwin cupped her face....

"I don't want you to suffer... I can't... just can't see you in pain....
You have a lot to live... nee happy ah... indha life ah en kooda vazhanum....
I don't want to be the reason for your pain...."
Ashwin's chin trembled....
He kissed their interlocked fingers...

"Ashwineyyyy.... Ipdi lam yosikadha ma.... I am your brave Rowdy.... If you are feeling responsible in fulfilling my littlest wishes.... Can't and I go through this pain for you....
And moreover oru ponnu vazhkaila.... Becoming a mother and being called Amma is one of the bestest feelings....
Kashtam ah dhan irukum... but Andha kashtam lam Andha kozhandaya paatha kaana poidum....I want to face it... 

Please Ashwiney...." Sivaangi said as she kissed their interlocked fingers....

Ashwin kissed her cheeks with his tears wetting her face....

"Are we actually ready to become A dad and a mom?" Ashwin wiped his tears off and smiled....

Sivaangi leaned on his shoulders.... "Yesssss"....

How was it?????