Magic Bullet

"Mom?" Max asks the next morning as she walks into the kitchen

"Mom?" Max asks the next morning as she walks into the kitchen. "How long have you been up?" She asks as her mom pours herself another cup of coffee. "Not long." Amy mutters as she stares at her computer.

"Everything okay?" Max asks as Amy sighs. "Just work things." She mutters. "Do you know anything about Derek Hale?" Max purses her lips as she walks over to pour herself a cup of coffee. "I know the name."

"Well, he was wrongly accused of the body that was found and now I offered to take his case. Make sure the Sheriff's department doesn't accuse him falsely anymore." Amy states as Max takes a seat next to her. "What do you mean he was wrongly accused? How can that be?"

"It wasn't a human it was a wolf."

"A wolf?" Max asks, "Wolves aren't in California." She says as her dad comes down the stairs kissing her head. "I know." Amy sighs, "That's what I'm trying to figure out."

Max's phone buzzes as she quickly gets out of her seat. "I gotta go." She mutters as she picks up her bag. "Hold it!" Amy yells as she catches her daughter trying to escape. "Where are you going so fast?"

"School? Stiles is outside."

"Stiles?" Amy questions as she motions her daughter back to her seat. Max sits down with a sigh as Amy looks up at her. "Is there something going on between you two?" Amy asks, "Between the staying out late. The late night phone calls. The driving and picking you up from school. Honey, it's okay to tell me, besides if anyone knows about high school sweethearts, it's us."

Max bites her lip as she looks down at her feet. "I can't keep him waiting." She says as she gets up and walks away. Max looks back to see her dad wrap his arms around her mom and the two just sit together.

She was jealous of her parents and their love. They made it seem so easy to find the one and have the perfect life. So, maybe she is talking to Stiles till two am and maybe she is always on her phone wondering if this should be her next adventure.

But Max knows that nothing is that simple. Soon enough, Stiles will see that she's not like Lydia ad he'll realize that maybe he shouldn't be getting close her. Maybe one day Max will find the one who likes her.

"Love you!" Max shouts and with a response from her parents she leaves the house. She catches sight of the buzzcut boy as he drums his steering wheel. Quickly hopping in the car, she looks over at him catching him looking at her. "Took you long enough." He says as she turns back around with a smile.

🐺

"Scott's coming over, tonight?" Lydia asks as her, Max and Allison stand at the redhead's locker. "We're just studying together." Allison says causing Max to scoff. "Just studying never ends in just studying. It's like getting into a hot tub, somebody eventually cops a feel."

"I thought you were just studying with Stiles last night." Allison says causing the girls to stare at Max. A blush covers her face as she nods, "This isn't about me, Argent." Max mutters. "Is there something going on between the two of you?" Lydia asks. Max slams her locker shut as she looks down at the floor.